This post is a recap or review of my August goals! I cannot believe that September starts tomorrow!!
Here’s the link to my August Goals post:
Here we go!
- Build up some cash – Accomplished!
- Thoroughly enjoy my birthday! – Accomplished!
- See Star Trek: Beyond, Jason Bourne, and maybe one other movie with my husband – Semi-achieved.
- Prepare for the start of my Trial Prep & Discovery class at the end of the month – Accomplished!
- Finalize our first wedding anniversary getaway for November – Did not accomplish.
- Read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child – Accomplished!
- Keep blogging! – Accomplished!
- Paint as much of the house as possible – Accomplished!
- Hopefully move my furniture! – Did not accomplish.
- Find at least five new recipes – Semi-achieved.
- Start tracking our monthly expenses via spreadsheet – Semi-achieved.
- Check out geekgirlpenpals.com – Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Build up some cash – Accomplished!
- I took a hard look at my credit card statements from July and almost fell on the floor. Plus, my main credit card was hacked in the beginning of the month, so that sobered me up too.
- I hardly spent any money on personal items this month, with the exception of some American Girl books that were deeply discounted on Amazon! Currently halfway through one of the new Mysteries, and I love it so far!
Thoroughly enjoy my birthday! – Accomplished!
- On my actual birthday, Al made cinnamon rolls for breakfast! Yum! I was also treated to an amazing dinner at Olive Garden, celebrating with Al, my parents, Mom’s best friend Debbie D., and our friends Kathy and Perry. Debbie D. gave me this amazing no-bake pie-making kit that came in Mason jars! I’m so excited!
- I took off work on Monday, August 8th, and enjoyed myself immensely. I didn’t go see a movie solo, but I did purchase Harry Potter and The Cursed Child, stocked up on LUSH items (I love the Ocean Salt scrub!), and went to lunch with Al and his co-worker, Kathryn. We went to this amazing Thai place near where they work. I had their orange chicken that made Al salivate!
- Then, the big birthday surprise came later in the week – Al bought me my third American Girl doll, Kit Kittredge. She’s the historical doll from the 1930s. I couldn’t believe it! I’m over the moon, and I’m so excited to de-clutter my future office space and make a home for my desk, files, future window seat / reading nook, and permanent haven for Stephanie, Molly, and Kit!
See Star Trek: Beyond, Jason Bourne, and maybe one other movie with my husband – Semi-achieved.
- We did see Star Trek Beyond on a Tuesday night with Al’s dad. It was an awesome movie! I won’t post any spoilers, but if you’re a fan of the newer movies, this one is a must-see.
- We decided to wait for Jason Bourne to come out for rent or on the streaming services.
- We saw Suicide Squad during the Thursday night release. It was good!
Prepare for the start of my Trial Prep & Discovery class at the end of the month – Accomplished!
- I ordered my textbook as an e-book for my phone and iPad. I got my paper workbook too, through Amazon, well in advance.
- I’m really enjoying the class so far. The second class of the semester was last night, and I’m actually excited to dive head-first into the Homework Folder and Trial Notebook assignments this weekend. I have to do Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 before the next class. My professor is awesome!
Finalize our first wedding anniversary getaway for November – Did not accomplish.
- This didn’t happen this month, for multiple reasons. We’ve been so busy with the house, that our weekends just slip away. However, I love the idea of going to Key West, Florida for a few days, so hopefully we’ll book everything very soon!
Read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child – Accomplished!
- I bought the book on Monday, August 8th. I flew through it within a couple of days the next week!
- Here’s my review (Warning: Some spoilers!): Book Review #17: “Harry Potter and The Cursed Child”
- My overall take: I’m glad I bought it and read it!
Keep blogging! – Accomplished!
- I’m super proud of myself. I published a post almost every day in August. I did have a five-day break between the 24th and 29th, but I needed it. I was stressed and overwhelmed. I’m happy to be back at it!
- I’m currently working on posts containing house updates and book reviews, plus a 30-day challenge series!
Paint as much of the house as possible – Accomplished!
- This could not have happened without Nick and Savy. They came over on Saturday and we powered through two of the bedrooms! It looks amazing. I’m so happy with the color – Monorail Silver – and it looks different than the gray that’s throughout the house. We bought the paint for Al’s office and our master bedroom – Storm Cloud – but we’re going to wait until the weather cools off a little, so we can open the windows and properly ventilate the house!
Hopefully move my furniture! – Did not accomplish.
- This didn’t happen this month, mainly because the weather has been so stinking hot! Ugh!
Find at least five new recipes – Semi-achieved.
- I found about three new recipes to make, but not five.
- I made Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies earlier this week, and it was amazing! Thanks to Tony for sharing the link – Perfect timing! I definitely want to make this again, especially for a potluck gathering! So yummy. I’m excited and proud that I prepped everything on Sunday, and I baked it in the oven on Monday night. Lesson learned: I’m definitely marinating meats for at least 24 hours now, if at all possible – So juicy!
Start tracking our monthly expenses via spreadsheet – Semi-achieved.
- We started this spreadsheet very early on Tuesday morning. We’ll be refining it this weekend, figuring out and tying up all the loose ends. It feels good to see it on paper, but it’s also absolutely terrifying.
Check out geekgirlpenpals.com – Accomplished!
- I registered for the site, and looked at it a little bit over the course of one weekend in the middle of the month. I haven’t signed up for a pen pal yet – The site is a bit complicated and overwhelming (So many amazing things!), so I hope to do that soon.
- I was thrilled to be able to put Accomplished next to so many things! 7 out of 12. Yay!
- The three goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m happy with the progress!
- The two goals that were Not Accomplished: That’s okay, too! There were certain circumstances that made these goals nearly impossible to achieve this month.
Did you have any goals for August?
If so, how did you do?
Come back tomorrow to see my September goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.