I stumbled upon this tag on B.G.’s fantastic blog, Getting Through Anxiety!
Here we go!
I: Inside Flap / Back of Book Summaries. Too much info? Or not enough? Discuss!
- I love reading the inside flap – It helps me determine whether or not I’ll leave the library or bookstore with that book! I don’t normally read back of book summaries, but it depends!
N: New Book. Be Honest: Which format do you want it in? Audio, hardcover, paperback, or ebook?
- I prefer paperback.
S: Scribble While You Read? Do you write in your books, or keep them clean? Tell us why.
- The horror! Never. I keep them clean. B.G.’s response was perfect: “The only writing that should be in a book is the author’s!”
I: In Your Best Written Voice Read Us Your Favorite First Sentence From a Book.
- “In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.
‘Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, he told me, just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.‘”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
D: Does It Matter to You Whether the Author is Male or Female when Deciding to Read a Book? What if you’re unsure of author’s gender?
- That’s a very interesting question! As a child, I was drawn to more female authors. As an adult, I’ve found that it’s been basically a 50-50 split between male and female. Regardless, it doesn’t matter to me whether the author is male or female. As for being unsure of an author’s gender, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a book that I really didn’t like!
E: Ever Read Ahead? Or have you read the last page before you got there?
- I have read ahead, but just a few books that I had to read for school. Some were just awful!
O: Organized Bookshelves or Outrageous Bookshelves?
- For me – Organized, as much as possible. However, I like hunting through outrageous bookshelves in second-hand bookstores!
U: Under Oath: Have You Ever Bought a Book Based On the Cover? … The Cover Alone?
- Yes, a few times when I was younger. Not now, though.
T: Take it Outside or Stay In?
- I prefer to stay in, especially now, since this summer has been ridiculously hot and humid. However, I’m envious of our neighbors across the street – They have a beautiful front porch with chaise lounges. I would love to have that, at some point. For now, though, once the weather decides to calm down, I’m excited to get some patio furniture and read on our back screened-in porch!
- EVERYONE! I would love to see your responses!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂