Welcome back! April was a relatively busy month. But, the weather has finally started to stabilize, several rains have washed away the nasty pollen, and we’re already a full quarter through 2018. How crazy is that!!
Here’s the link to my April Goals post:
Here we go!
- Give blood. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate Dad’s birthday! — Did not accomplish.
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2018. — Accomplished!
- See Avengers: Infinity War. — Accomplished!
- Continue working on my Lady Lounge. — Accomplished!
- Read at least two books. — Did not accomplish.
- Enjoy time with Melissa! — Accomplished!
- Attend the TAPA Spring Luncheon. — Accomplished!
- Attend Olivia’s bridal shower! — Accomplished!
- Visit LanternAsia with Al, Casey, and Beth. — Accomplished!
- Attend the P.E.O. Family Gathering. — Accomplished!
- Update my TBR. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Give blood. — Accomplished!
- We celebrated our 18th Anniversary blood drive on Saturday, April 7th.
- I was able to give a Power Red donation for the first time! Yippee!
- What is Power Red? — Power Red is where you essentially donate two units of your red blood cells. Everything is spun through a centrifuge, and you’re given back your platelets, plasma, and some saline. You have wait 16 weeks to donate again, which is okay because I’m going to be out of town for the June blood drive. I don’t feel guilty now!
- For more information: Power Red Donation – American Red Cross Blood Services
Celebrate Dad’s birthday! — Did not accomplish.
- Dad’s birthday fell in the middle of the week. We’ve offered to take him to dinner at some point, but our family experienced a series of crises the week after his birthday (Family illnesses, and Mom and Dad needing to travel down to care for said family).
- So, we’ll officially celebrate some time in May!
Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2018. — Accomplished!
- I feel SO GOOD that I did this!
- I can’t wait to do it again in July!
- I’m writing a Getting Personal post about my experience, so look for that on May 2nd!
See Avengers: Infinity War. — Accomplished!
- Al and I went to the Peninsula Movie Bistro on Saturday, April 28th.
- No spoilers, but if you’re a fan of Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), this movie is a must. We’re already planning to see it again in the next week or so.
Continue working on my Lady Lounge. — Accomplished!
- Oh, man! I’m so excited!!
- Al’s dad delivered the custom doll cabinet he built for me on Saturday, April 14th. So, I hustled my butt and got all the boxes cleared out for him during that Thursday and Friday.
- The last piece is to move the remainder of the boxes that are along the wall where my standing desk is going to be. Almost there!!
- Look for an upcoming Home Improvements post soon, with photos!
Read at least two books. — Did not accomplish.
- With the aforementioned family crises toward the beginning of the month, I’ve been so exhausted by bedtime that I fall asleep pretty quickly.
Enjoy time with Melissa! — Accomplished!
- Al and I drove up to Richmond on Sunday, April 29th.
- We had such a nice visit. Her mom made amazing paella, and then we hung out with Melissa for several hours, just catching up. I didn’t want to leave! We finally left, reluctantly, at 8:00 p.m. to drive home.
Attend the TAPA Spring Luncheon. — Accomplished!
- The luncheon was held on Saturday, April 14th. It was a gorgeous day!
- One of my sorority sisters, Beth McOsker, was honored as the “Greek Woman of the Year.”
Attend Olivia’s bridal shower! — Accomplished!
- Olivia’s shower was hosted by my mom on the afternoon of Saturday, April 14th. It was so wonderful!
Visit LanternAsia with Al, Casey, and Beth. — Accomplished!
- We went to the Norfolk Botanical Garden on Saturday, April 21st.
- Here’s the link to my Adventure Time post: Adventure Time: Norfolk, VA Edition (Round 4 – LanternAsia 2018)
Attend the P.E.O. Family Gathering. — Accomplished!
- The Family Gathering was held on Saturday, April 28th.
- Although I arrived a little late, it was a very spirited, positive discussion. We met until noon, and everyone came away with several great ideas!
Update my TBR. — Accomplished!
- Here’s the link to my TBR post: Getting Personal #115: Sixth TBR Recap
- I was able to put Accomplished next to 10 out of 12 goals! Yippee!!
- The two goals that I did not accomplish: Family illnesses suck, so much. But, it’s okay. We’ll get through this!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of April?
Come back tomorrow to see my May Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.