November whizzed by so fast, I could barely keep up!
Here’s the link to my November Goals post:
Here we go!
- Complete NaNoWriMo 2016! – Did not accomplish.
- Wear makeup every single day. – Accomplished!
- Make more progress with my 2016 Reading Challenge. – Accomplished!
- Enjoy our first wedding anniversary! – Accomplished!
- Make chocolate mousse pie for Thanksgiving. – Accomplished!
- Make final preps for our housewarming party! – Did not accomplish.
- Start the “Lady Lounge” makeover! – Semi-achieved.
Here’s the breakdown:
Complete NaNoWriMo 2016! – Did not accomplish.
- I felt super confident on October 31st, but then I looked at the calendar for November. There was so many things filling these 30 days – Vacation, Thanksgiving, Al’s parents coming to visit, plus trying to finish my class projects way before November 29th. I didn’t even sign up / register this year.
- I’m slightly disappointed, but I know that it wasn’t meant to be this year. Hopefully, by next November, I’ll have graduated with my Paralegal Studies degree and I won’t have to worry about projects, homework, and exams!
Wear makeup every single day. – Accomplished!
- I felt amazing taking just a few minutes out of my morning to put some makeup on. I received multiple compliments, and I plan to keep going!
- I definitely want to experiment a bit more in the coming months – Play with colors, etc. I’m having fun!
Make more progress with my 2016 Reading Challenge. – Accomplished!
- I made my first trip to the local library at the beginning of the month, and picked up two books on the list. I almost got through one of them by the time they were due two weeks later. I want to go back this weekend and check that one out again to finish it!
- I’m currently one-third of the way through another piece on the list. Look for that review in the next week or two!
Enjoy our first wedding anniversary! – Accomplished!
- We enjoyed a wonderful six-day vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We explored Avon, Buxton, Hatteras Island, and Ocracoke Island. I’m hoping to publish my Adventure Time post next week!
Make chocolate mousse pie for Thanksgiving. – Accomplished!
- It’s actually called chocolate mousse cake.
- Here’s the recipe I used: Bon Appetit Chocolate Mousse Cake
- I was a little nervous, cooking it for the first time in my own kitchen. I think I spent about 3 hours on it that Wednesday night.
- I shouldn’t have worried: It was AMAZING. Everyone complimented it at my parents’ house.
- Needless to say, the leftovers didn’t last past Friday lunch!
Make final preps for our housewarming party! – Did not accomplish.
- Given that tomorrow is December 1st, it looks like plans for a housewarming party aren’t in the cards for 2016. We want to clear more of the clutter and put a few more finishing touches on our living room and kitchen area first.
Start the “Lady Lounge” makeover! – Semi-achieved.
- This is along the same lines as the housewarming party. I need to make a plan for what I’m buying and when – Buying a desk, moving the massive bookcase from my parents’ house to ours, researching shelves, etc.
- It’s becoming more organized. I’m definitely going to use the break in between my classes to keep this going!
- I was able to put Accomplished on 4 of the 7 goals! Yay!
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: I wasn’t able to spend as much time on it as I wanted, but I’m getting there.
- The two goals that I didn’t accomplish: Both were due to time constraints. This month was one of the fastest yet. I’m excited to make more progress!
Did you have any goals for November?
Come back tomorrow to see my December goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.