I’m humbled and honored to have received the Bloggers Recognition Awards for the second time.
Thank you so much, Zia Jane, for the nomination!
Here’s the link to Zia Jane’s original post:
If you haven’t already, go check out Zia Jane’s blog – My Lost Thoughts. She’s a wonderful writer who pours out her heart with every post.
The traditional rules for accepting this nomination are:
- Thank the one who nominated you and embed a link to their blog.
- Share how you started your blog.
- Give a little bit of advice that new bloggers can take away.
- Select fifteen other blogs who you think really deserve the award.
- Visit the blogs you nominated and let them know.
Thank the one who nominated you and embed a link to their blog
Thank you, Zia Jane, for nominating me. I’m humbled!
Share how you started your blog
I started this blog as a result of a class assignment from Dr. Bill Stuart at Longwood University. When I was first nominated for the Bloggers Recognition Award about a month ago, I was inspired to look for the blog I created for Dr B.’s class.
And, to my amazement, I actually found it!
The last post I made was Tuesday, April 13, 2010.
It was a nice nostalgia trip. I may clean these up and re-post them on here!
Give a little bit of advice that new bloggers can take away
Don’t put pressure on yourself to write and post to your blog on a regular basis. I’ve learned that lesson the hard way, several times. It’s important that you blog for yourself, first and foremost. If you post every day, that’s fantastic! I’m cheering for you!
However, if you don’t post every day, don’t force yourself to do so. Don’t try to keep up with others. Some of the best bloggers that I know have sporadic posts, not a set schedule, and I look forward to each and every one!
For me, I’m happy and thrilled if I get three posts published per week.
Then, if I do more than three in a week, I feel awesome and fantastic! It’s a great motivator.
Select fifteen other blogs who you think really deserve the award
- Jay Colby at Jay Colby
- Akkshara kiran shetty at Sally Porte
- Aubrey at If Mermaids Wore Suspenders
- Andrew at Adopting James
- Maureen Rose at Sparkle
- Alex at Lost in the Midst of Forms
- With Love
- Suyog at Positivity Unlimited – Re-Imagine The Life!
- Kristian W. at Life Lessons Around The Dinner Table
- The Lonely Author
- Tony Burgess at The Tony Burgess Blog
- Un-Break My Heart
- Ariel Lynn at Writing Radiation
- The Captain at The Captain’s Quarters
One Final Note:
As honored and humbled as I am to accept this award for the second time, I don’t plan to accept this particular one again. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t like pressuring people to accept these nominations. Receiving this award twice is enough for me.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂