Is it really the end of the year? 2014 just FLEW BY!
This is last Quarterly Review (QR)!
14 Goals for 2014
1. Balance checkbook every month
2. Complete the 52-week savings challenge
3. Donate to Goodwill once a month
4. Find & make 14 new recipes
5. Finish 2012 novel
6. Finish 2013 novel
7. Invest in pastel painting / artwork
8. Map routes in neighborhood to walk / run / rollerblade
9. Read at least 5 new books
10. Reduce screen time
11. Take a Medical Terminology class
12. Take iron pill every day
13. Walk 20 minutes during lunch
1. QR: COMPLETE! I’m so happy to have caught up with my finances!
2. QR: COMPLETE! I saved so much money this year!!!
3. QR: COMPLETE! Although I’m planning to lock myself in my bedroom this coming weekend, and not come out until the closet is clean and all the random boxes are gone 🙂
4. QR: COMPLETE! This was such a fun challenge. I plan to keep this going in the years to come 🙂
5. QR: This didn’t happen this year. But that’s okay, because next week ushers in a new series of blog posts related to this!
6. QR: See #5.
7. QR: This didn’t happen exactly the way I had hoped this year. However, I made a bunch of wreaths, and I love that!
8. QR: This didn’t happen exactly the way I had hoped, but the FitBit is still awesome!
9. QR: COMPLETE! It took me down to the very wire, but I did it!
10. QR: I’m getting better at this! Continuing to work on this in the New Year 🙂
11. QR: COMPLETE! I got a 95 on my midterm exam in October! I maintained an A average in the class, so that made me exempt from the final exam. I got an A in the class!!
12. QR: This didn’t work out as planned. Still having issues with consistency. However, I’ve been able to donate blood in October and December, so I must be doing something right!
13. QR: This didn’t work out as planned, mainly because of the up-and-down weather! I’ve definitely been more creative in this department, though. Planning to take more and more steps in 2015!
14. QR: This didn’t work out as planned, but I thoroughly enjoy and look forward my meditation times in the mornings and evenings while I’m in my bed 🙂
This exercise was great for me this year. My parents were especially complimentary and shared it with many people.
With that said, I’m not going to do this again for 2015. I just want to focus on the year ahead. There are so many wonderful things, already, to look forward to:
- Al and I celebrating our engagement
- Al and I getting married
- Al and I buying our first home together
- Visits and reunions with wonderful friends
- Traveling and having amazing adventures with great people
- Reading more books
- Seeing family, some for the first time in YEARS, as a result of the wedding
- Getting at least two tattoos
- Getting closer to receiving my Paralegal Studies degree
- Continuing to write on this blog
- Making progress on my three novels
- Helping others
- Being Laura Beth
Happy New Year to all my readers – Thank you for making this year one of the best!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.