Here’s the link to my August Goals post: Getting Personal #219: August Goals
Here are my goals for the month of August:
- Donate blood. — Semi-Achieved.
- Celebrate my birthday! — Accomplished!
- Finish the book I’m currently reading, and publish the review. — Accomplished!
- Get the photos and other wall hanging items off the floor in my office and get them on the walls. — Did not accomplish.
- Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
- Start the second round of editing for my first novel – Translate my handwritten notes from April’s Camp NaNoWriMo session into my computer. — Accomplished!
- Get my P.E.O. President materials organized. — Semi-Achieved.
- Write a blog post about my July Camp NaNoWriMo session. — Did not accomplish.
- Put away all the clean laundry. — Did not accomplish.
- Commit to putting away clean laundry in a more organized, efficient manner. — Semi-Achieved.
- Participate in a fun pet portrait session that was a giveaway win. — Accomplished!
- Finish re-organizing the filing system. — Did not accomplish.
- Finish de-cluttering the dining room buffet. — Did not accomplish.
August was a bit of a strange month!
My iron was high enough to donate blood at our drive on August 1st, but I wasn’t able to fill the bag. I got SO CLOSE, and my vein decided to clot up at the very end. I was so mad. But, I’m able to donate again in October.
I enjoyed my birthday, as much as I could with COVID-19. It fell on a Friday. I took the afternoon off of work, started a Jurassic Park movie marathon, and then my mom had us over for Cuban sandwiches, sweet potato fries, ice cream, and chewy fudge brownies. I felt so much love! Debbie D. was there, and I was able to celebrate my birthday with my Grandpa for the first time in years.
I finished reading Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson.
At the end of the month, I was asked to take mandatory leave. One of those days was August 24th, so I capitalized on the time off to make some progress on the second draft of my first novel. I was blown away with the headway I made. I was able to edit the first 40 chapters! And then I was able to finish the draft on Friday afternoon. I currently have 48 chapters. I’m excited to send it to my list of readers this week!
The house projects are still works in progress. This past weekend, however, I made more progress with my office, a.k.a. the Lady Lounge. I took out the old set of three DVD shelves, removed a full bag of trash, dusted thoroughly, and gathered several boxes for donation. Al helped me assemble my new six-shelf room organizer and navy blue bins, and it looks so much better. The dogs and I have a lot more room to navigate now!
I also posted 45 photos of American Girl doll clothes and accessories on social media, and made my first sale! I shipped those items off today. I still have three plastic storage boxes of items to photograph and post!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of August?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for September!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.