I’ve been saying for days and weeks that it’s hard to believe it’s December, that it’s the last month of 2017. Now, today is New Year’s Eve. Wow!
Here’s the link to my December Goals post:
Here we go!
- Decorate for Christmas. — Accomplished!
- Enjoy Al’s company Christmas party. — Accomplished!
- See Star Wars: The Last Jedi. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate Lyndsey’s birthday! — Accomplished!
- Host Christmas Breakfast for the first time. — Accomplished!
- Make chocolate mousse for Christmas dinner. — Accomplished!
- Get back into reading. — Accomplished!
- Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Decorate for Christmas. — Accomplished!
- We put up our Christmas tree in our living room on December 10th, and I set out the wooden Jingle Bells blocks. I also changed out the Halloween ribbon on our monogrammed “V” wreath. It’s not super fancy, but it’s pretty.
Enjoy Al’s company Christmas party. — Accomplished!
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on December 8th. So many people got into the theme and really liked it. Plus, Al, Frances, and Kathryn actually got to relax a little and enjoy the cocktail hour and the party. We all had fun!
- Al and I even won one of the door prizes – A weekend getaway to the Williamsburg Winery!
See Star Wars: The Last Jedi. — Accomplished!
- We saw the movie on Thursday, December 14th. It was SO GOOD. Al’s seen it twice now. We received several generous gift cards to the movies for Christmas, so we’ll definitely be seeing it a few more times!
Celebrate Lyndsey’s birthday! — Accomplished!
- We drove up to Lynchburg, Virginia on Saturday, December 16th. We met Lyndsey and many friends at O’Charleys for dinner, games, photos, and gifts. We had a lot of fun.
Host Christmas Breakfast for the first time. — Accomplished!
- On Christmas morning, we hosted Al’s parents, my parents, Nick, Savy, and Mia. Between Al’s mom, Savy, and me, we had waffles, egg casserole, goat cheese and tomato tarts, kielbasa, coffee, mimosas, and more! Everything was delicious!
Make chocolate mousse for Christmas dinner. — Accomplished!
- It was the consistency of chocolate pudding when dessert time rolled around, but everyone really liked it. We even had leftovers!
Get back into reading. — Accomplished!
- Finally! I’m almost finished with my current book. Look for a new Book Review soon, hopefully this week!
Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
- Earlier in December, Al and I loaded up my car to the gills (full trunk, full backseat), and went out in the cold and drizzle to the local CHKD thrift store. More to come, but we got our dining room back!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to ALL EIGHT THINGS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of December?
Come back tomorrow to see my January Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.