Memorable Books that Start with the Letter “N”:
Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
- I was introduced to Barbara Ehrenreich in my freshman year of college by way of this book. I plan to re-read it soon. It’s a powerful book regarding minimum wage, and how a lot of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes not even that.
- I first read this book in eighth grade. We were studying the Holocaust, and it left a profound impact on me. Everyone should read this book.
- This book creeped me out for quite a while. However, I feel the need to read it again soon.
- I really like and enjoy Sharon M. Draper’s books. I’ve gained a greater perspective of African-African teenagers through her fiction. The Jericho trilogy is one of my favorites.
- I was assigned this book in fifth grade. Originally, I really struggled with this book. It was one of the first times that I read so fast that my comprehension suffered. Through this book, I learned to slow down in my reading, especially assigned books, and my comprehension improved. Also, Lois Lowry is one of my favorite authors!
Books I’d Love to Read Starting with the Letter “N”:
- I’ve wanted to read this book for several years. The author wrote this book during NaNoWriMo!
- I’m part of a Facebook group called The Book Drunkard. This book has been recommended to me several times, so I need to find it at the library soon.
- I’ve heard so many good things about this book!
- I learned about this book from Wishbone! I know I have a greater appreciation for Jane Austen now than I did years ago.
What books have you read, or want to read, that start with the letter N? Let me know!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂