Here’s the link to my July Goals post: Getting Personal #214: July Goals
Here were my goals for the month of July:
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo, July 2020. — Accomplished!
- Publish my updated TBR post. — Accomplished!
- Re-organize the filing system. — Semi-Achieved.
- Finish cleaning out the cabinet above the oven. — Accomplished!
- Finish de-cluttering the dining room buffet. — Semi-Achieved.
- Begin the binder of university newspaper articles for preservation. — Accomplished!
- Send at least five cards, letters, and care packages. — Did not accomplish.
- Continue preparations for P.E.O. Virginia State 2022 Convention. — Accomplished!
I had a really good month. I’m still working from home, as is Al. We are grateful to our companies for keeping us and our colleagues as safe as possible as the coronavirus continues to wreak havoc in the United States.
I’m really happy with what I’ve accomplished with this session of Camp NaNoWriMo. I wanted to add 20,000 new words to the novel I started during NaNoWriMo 2013. Look for a post about that in August.
Here’s the link to my TBR post: Getting Personal #216: Fifteenth TBR Recap
I’m really pleased with finally getting to cleaning out the cabinet above the oven. I filled a 13-gallon trash bag nearly full with expired food and spices. A lot of it had gotten pushed to the back of the cabinets, and it’s hard for me to reach back there without standing on a chair or step stool. It’s so much easier to find the spices now. The next step is to install either a Lazy Susan system or moving shelves in both cabinets so that it’s even easier to locate what we need when we’re cooking.
The dining room buffet is a work in progress. I finally got the kitchen table cleaned off, and have kept it clean and clutter-free for almost a full week.
The filing system is also being evaluated. I need to do a few more things in my office before that can be accomplished, but I’m hoping to get a few more boxes out of the room this weekend. I also filled a trash bag and three small boxes with old books and DVDs for donation to the thrift stores. My couch is clean again!
I’m excited to buy acid-free paper and sheet protectors to preserve my university newspaper articles. I got a 3-inch binder for free from a sorority sister that was preparing to move, so that should be plenty of space to store everything.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of July?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for August!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂