I saw several posts recently about ten books I wish I had read as a teen!
Books, Libraries, Also Cats – Top Ten Tuesday Books I Wish I’d Had As A Teen
The Bookish Hooker – Ten Books I Wish I Had Read As A Child
bookloversblog – Top Ten Tuesday #261
that artsy reader girl – 22 YA Contemporary Romances Teen Me Would Have Loved
Here’s my list!
Note, there are several here that were published after I left my teenage years. I turned 20 in 2008.
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien (1937)
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky (1999)
- Crank, Ellen Hopkins (2004)
- Looking for Alaska, John Green (2005)
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Sherman Alexie (2007)
- Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher (2007)
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (2008)
- Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson (2009)
- Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell (2012)
- Dumplin’, Julie Murphy (2015)
Out of these ten, I’ve read The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Looking for Alaska, Thirteen Reasons Why, The Hunger Games, and Wintergirls. I read most of these when I was in college.
As for the others, I’ve only read parts of them, or heard of them through various media sources or other bloggers. However, I plan to add these five to future TBRs.
What about you? Have you read any of these books?
What books do you wish you’d read as a teen?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂