Memorable Books that Start with the Letter “O”:
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
- This is by far one of my favorite memoirs, and writing craft books. I first found the book on a whim at the library. I loved it so much, I knew I needed my own copy. This book is staying on my bookshelf forever.
- This was a hard book to read and digest in high school, but it was definitely magical.
- I love this book. I read it when I was younger. Then, I re-read it, and fell in love with it. The movie adaptation (1983) is also quite good.
- This was a whole unit in one of my high school English classes. I’d originally learned part of the story from Wishbone.
Books I’d Love to Read Starting with the Letter “O”:
- I enjoyed reading Steinbeck in my American Literature class in college. We didn’t read this one then, but I tried after the class ended. I failed. I want to try again, however.
- I became fascinated with Jack Kerouac, and the other Beat Generation poets, while studying history in high school.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- I first learned about this book from Sesame Street! They did a “Monsterpiece Theatre” segment where they were discussing classic literature. A number 1 flew over a cuckoo’s nest.
- I really should read this book. The movie adaptation (1980) is fabulous.
- I learned about this book recently from Charis Rae’s excellent review!
What books have you read, or want to read, that start with the letter O? Let me know!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Anything from Mr. King, Sir King, is my favorite. He is the Elvis of the literary world.
YESSSSS! ❤ ❤ ❤
I want to read “On Writing” so much!!! I ❤ Stephen King in ways I can't even begin to describe.
"Of Mice & Men" is a tough read. It's not the prose, so much, as the story, IMO.
I'd like to re-read "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" one day, but I think my TBR list is already daunting enough to add re-reads. LOL
On Writing is one of the best books you will read. I know it.
Appreciate the feedback and opinions! You are awesome!
You know, I think I actually have “On Writing” for Kindle. I’ve got several hundred (thousand?) Kindle books on an external hard-drive.
But, I’m such a purist sometimes! I almost forget I have a Kindle. LOL
Aww, thanks sweetie! You are awesome as well!!! ❤
I feel you. I forget I have the Kindle app.
Are you a “real book” purist too? LOL (Booooookkkkk smeeeeelllll! 🤓 )
I’ve read The Outsiders countless times and love it too!