June was quite busy, but less hectic than some other months! The biggest news is we FINALLY have proper ductwork, and two new HVAC units! Perfect timing for the typical summer heat waves!!
Here’s the link to my June Goals post:
Here we go!
- Attend P.E.O. State Convention. — Accomplished!
- See Incredibles 2. — Accomplished!
- See Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. — Accomplished!
- Work on a goals list with Al for the remainder of 2018. — Did not accomplish.
- Update the Household Bills spreadsheet. — Semi-Achieved.
- Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. — Accomplished!
- Download Evernote. — Accomplished!
- Host a “vacationing doll” from Ohio! — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Attend P.E.O. State Convention. — Accomplished!
- I had so much at Convention this year – The theme was “Catch The Waves To Better Futures.”
- I also wrote my first-ever Adventure Time post recapping Convention!
- Here’s the link to that post: Adventure Time: Blacksburg, VA Edition (P.E.O. Virginia State Convention 2018)
- As delegates, Darcy and I also successfully reported on Convention to our chapter on Monday, June 11th.
See Incredibles 2. — Accomplished!
- Al and I went to see it on Saturday, June 15th.
- It wasn’t necessarily better than the original movie. However, it was worth the 14-year wait.
- If you’re a fan of the original movie, it’s worth seeing it in the theaters. We also liked the short that preceded the movie.
See Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. — Accomplished!
- We saw the movie on Sunday, June 24th with our friends Mike and Shana.
- Despite some of the criticism, I really like what they did with this movie. I shut my eyes a few times – Some of it was pretty scary!
- I personally recommend seeing it. I love the franchise!
Work on a goals list with Al for the remainder of 2018. — Did not accomplish.
- This didn’t happen. Oh well!
Update the Household Bills spreadsheet. — Semi-Achieved.
- I started playing catch-up last weekend, and will hopefully bring it to conclusion this weekend. Long overdue!
Write at least 1,000 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. — Accomplished!
- Word count, as of May 2nd: 33,507
- June 16th: Added 623 words
- Word count, as of June 16th: 34,130
- June 23rd: Added 339 words
- Word count, as of June 23rd: 34,469
- June 29th: Added 250 words
- Word count, as of June 30th: 34,719
- Total words written: 1,212 words!
Download Evernote. — Accomplished!
- I signed up for the website during the weekend of June 15th. I didn’t download anything, for now. But, I really like it so far! I love the layout, and I can see myself using it as another helpful tool with my writing.
- Here’s the link to my latest Writing Adventures post: Writing Adventures #2: Discovering Evernote
Host a “vacationing doll” from Ohio! — Accomplished!
- We had so much fun hosting Emily during the week of May 29th-June 5th.
- Here’s the link to my Adventure Time post: Adventure Time: Portsmouth, VA Edition (The Visit From The Vacationing Doll)
- I was able to put Accomplished next to six out of eight goals. Awesome! I’m so excited, and proud of myself.
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: I made progress, and I’m happy with it!
- The one goal that I did not accomplish: This wasn’t a huge priority. I like the idea of it, but it may not happen for 2018. No worries!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of June?
Come back tomorrow to see my July Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂