Here’s the list!
- List 10 things that make you happy
- Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
- What are your top 3 pet peeves
- Write about someone who inspires you
- List 5 places you want to visit
- 5 wins to your heart
- List 10 songs you’re loving right now
- Something you struggle with
- Post some words of wisdom that speak to you
- Write about something for which you feel strongly
- Something you always think “what if…” about
- Write about 5 blessings in your life
- What are you excited about
- Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching
- Bullet-point your whole day
- Something that you miss
- Post about your zodiac sign, and whether or not it fits you
- Post 30 facts about yourself
- Discuss your first love
- Post about three celebrity crushes
- What are 3 lessons you want your children to learn from you
- Put your music on shuffle and post the first 10 songs
- A letter to someone, anyone
- What about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
- Think of any word. Search it on Google images. Write something inspired by the 11th image
- Write about an area in your life you’d like to improve
- Conversely, write about something that’s kicking ass right now
- Post 5 things that make you laugh-out-loud
- What are your goals for the next 30 days
- Your highs and lows for the month
What about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
Over many years, I was told to lighten up, smile more, be less rigid, be more easygoing, stop worrying too much.
Apparently, for a long time, I was way too serious for my age. I took everything that was said to me literally. The good, the bad, and the ugly – I took all of it personally.
I didn’t truly realize what was happening until I went off to college. Then, I was able to loosen my strings a bit. But, I still held on to my serious side. I was just encouraged to “live a little.”
Unfortunately, “living a little” kept me in the abusive relationship, caused me to drink to excess many weekends, and I lost my virginity before marriage.
I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) in the summer of 2015, which answered several questions and lifted a huge weight off of me. The diagnosis came several years after I needed it, but hey, things take time.
Now, I do smile more, I don’t take everything so literally anymore, I’m able to deal with criticism in a healthier way. I still worry, but not as much. I know that I am loved, and that I’m a good place. It just took a good while for me to get here.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Pingback: Writing Prompt #31: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 25) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #32: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 26) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #33: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 27) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #34: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 28) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #35: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 29) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #36: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 30) | Hot Shot Headlines