So, before starting the lists of favorites, here’s my tally for books and Book Reviews for 2020:
- Total books read: 10
- Total Book Reviews: 7
- First published Book Review of 2020: Book Review #85: “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” *Re-Read*
- Last published Book Review of 2020: Book Review #91: “Just Mercy” (Published August 27, 2020)
- ARC Reviews: 0
Now, on to my favorites!
- The Less People Know About Us: A Mystery of Betrayal, Family Secrets, and Stolen Identity
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- 13th (Netflix)
- Knives Out
- Onward (This was the last movie we saw in theaters before COVID-19 took hold!)
- Soul (Disney+)
- Spotlight (Netflix)
- The Vast of Night (Amazon Prime Video)
Favorite TV Shows
- Forensic Files (Netflix)
- Hoarders (YouTube)
- How to Fix a Drug Scandal (Netflix)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – Seasons 7 – 8 (Hulu)
- McMillions (HBO Max)
- Murder on Middle Beach (HBO Max)
- Stargirl (The CW)
- Stranger Things – Re-watched all seasons (Netflix)
- Supermarket Sweep (Netflix and YouTube)
- The Baby-Sitters Club (Netflix)
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – Season 1 (HBO Max)
- The Innocence Files (Netflix)
- The Mandalorian – Seasons 1 and 2 (Disney+)
- Atlanta Monster
- Crimes of Passion
- Dateline NBC
- Female Criminals
- Forensic Files
- Helping Writers Become Authors
- Just Us For Y’All
- Killer Knowledge
- Monster: DC Sniper
- Murder in Oregon
- Small Town Dicks
- Spying on Humanity
- The FRONTLINE Dispatch
- The Way I Heard It
Well, that wraps up my favorite things for 2020!
What about you? What were some of your favorite things of the year?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Pingback: Getting Personal #233: December Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines
Nothing. This year has been miserable. My life is a living hell, and the government has taken away everything that made it bearable. If I must pick a favorite thing, though, I had two interesting conversations with minor celebrities, one on the phone and one by email, that would not have happened in a normal year.
I’m sorry you’ve been miserable. Thank you for giving me perspective with every comment you write. I sincerely hope 2021 is better for you! I’m glad you had those conversations!
I am too, and not just because I have cool stories about getting to meet* these people, but also both of those conversations included good reminders that people with different beliefs and opinions really all just want to make a better world, and that the world would be a much better place if we would listen to each other and get to know each other’s motivations.
(*One of the two people in question I had briefly met before, when she was hanging out at the merch table before the show the last time I saw her band, in 2017.)
Nice! And I agree!
Thanks for including our podcast in your list!! We were just saying we went to record another episode. It’s been a minute!
You’re welcome! I’m excited to hear more from you both!