Here were my goals for the month of October:
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate Mom’s birthday! — Accomplished!
- Publish a post about my July Camp NaNoWriMo session. — Did not accomplish.
- Keep up with my pen pals! — Did not accomplish.
- Put away all the clean laundry. — Did not accomplish.
- Go through my fall/winter clothes. — Did not accomplish.
- Designate what clothes to donate. — Semi-Achieved.
- Publish my regular TBR Recap post. — Accomplished!
- Continue work on the filing system. — Semi-Achieved.
- Clean off the couch in my office. — Did not accomplish.
- Complete my American Girl re-organization project with my blue storage cubes. — Did not accomplish.
- Prepare for NaNoWriMo 2020. — Did not accomplish.
- Help my former professor by reviewing and giving feedback on her book. — Accomplished!
- Send my completed second draft of my novel to my readers. — Did not accomplish.
October was even worse than September, if that’s even possible. Working took everything out of me, and the weekends were spent doing other things with the house and trying to keep my mental health together. I’ve gone through a ton of guilt, stress, anxiety, worry – The whole nine yards. I’m trying so hard not to complain though – We have remained healthy and still have our jobs!
With all that said, I’m determined to set up a firmer schedule to stay on top of the blog, and finally clear out the literal clutter surrounding me. I’m so tired of looking at it!
To preserve my mental health, I decided to not participate in NaNoWriMo in November. It was a difficult decision, but I’m really glad I stepped away. As soon as I said it out loud to Al over dinner during the last weekend of October, I felt a lot better. I’m looking forward to Camp in April!
I really enjoyed helping Dr. W. with reviewing and giving feedback on her book. That was a really nice change. She was so appreciative, that she sent me the sweetest thank-you card and a very generous gift card on top of it. That was awesome!
I’m writing this on Friday morning because I’m off from work today for the first time in quite a while, and it feels good!
Also, in major celebration news, I finally paid off one of my credit cards. That feels amazing! I’m determined to be more responsible with it going forward, as well as using the 2X points feature on certain purchases (gas and the occasional dining out/takeout) to my advantage.
It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away now. It seems like the holidays seem to accelerate time!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of October?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for November!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Go easy on yourself, you’ll get to your goals! I am cleaning today. Last week, I feel like all I did was stress eat while waiting for the election results! Took some time to celebrate my day of birth, but like you, I’m getting tired of looking at the clutter, and my floors can’t take another day of procrastinating. Lol. Time to turn up the music and get to it!! *Hugs*
You’ve got this! Thanks for the pep talk and encouragement. Happy Birthday!!
Work and stress… that sounds like my life lately.