I’m back, with a vengeance!
I fell into a terrible slump in early September. Dealing with my generalized anxiety, COVID-19, work stress, and feeling like a failure. But, I’ve picked myself up, and I’m ready to get back to the blog!
Here were my goals for the month of September:
- Celebrate our 10-year dating anniversary! — Accomplished!
- Get the photos and other wall hanging items off the floor in my office and get them on the walls. — Did not accomplish.
- Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
- Finish getting my P.E.O. President materials organized. — Semi-Achieved.
- Publish a post about my July Camp NaNoWriMo session. — Did not accomplish.
- List at least one of my three boxes of American Girl items for sale. — Accomplished!
- Keep up with my pen pals! — Did not accomplish.
- Publish at least one Writing Prompt post. — Did not accomplish.
- Put away all the clean laundry. — Did not accomplish.
- Finish re-organizing the filing system. — Did not accomplish.
- Finish de-cluttering the dining room buffet. — Did not accomplish.
Al and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of our first date by getting take-out dinner from a wonderful local restaurant, Lobscouser.
September was full of working from home, going into the office a bit more frequently, paying off more credit card debt, and developing some strategies for the next few months. I feel like I’ve been more on top of things with the house, with the exception of my office. I need to get that mojo back!
I’m also really close to finishing the book I’m reading. It’s been a breath of fresh air, but I’ve been so tired at night that I don’t have the energy to read more than a few pages. We have enjoyed sitting on our porch more often, now that the weather is cooler.
In terms of writing, I made some more notes about my second draft. I need to go back into it and add a few more things before sending it back to my readers. I’m long past my self-imposed deadline of getting it to them (originally the end of August), but I will persevere in October!
I’m excited to participate in NaNoWriMo in November, but I currently have no idea what I’m doing for it yet.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of September?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for October!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I’ve been off work for two weeks, and I haven’t even finished my not-very-long to-do list. I go back Monday. I feel very unaccomplished, although I did a lot of relaxing. And I managed to find a few fun things to do… I spent two days baking around 400 cookies and delivering them to friends across four counties. That was exhausting, but I got to see some friends whom I hadn’t seen in years, and that was awesome. (That was inspired by something I did a long time ago… when I get to December 1999 in DLTDGB, you’ll read about that. If I follow my plan to end the story on January 1, 2000, that’ll probably be one of the last episodes.)
I’m glad you’ve had some much-needed time off! I love the cookies thing!