Here’s the link to my June Goals post: Getting Personal #211: June Goals
Here were my goals for the month of June:
- Give blood. — Accomplished!
- Finish the second draft of my novel. — Did not accomplish.
- Send the second draft of the novel to my readers for additional feedback. — Did not accomplish.
- Clean out and organize the linen closet. — Accomplished!
- Send the box of consignment items to Darby. — Accomplished!
- Begin the binder of university newspaper articles for preservation. — Did not accomplish.
- Send at least four cards or letters to friends. — Accomplished!
- Publish a post about The Ebony and Fire Writing Club at least once a week. — Did not accomplish.
- Re-organize the filing system. — Did not accomplish.
- Finish cleaning out the cabinet above the oven. — Did not accomplish.
- Finish de-cluttering the dining room buffet. — Did not accomplish.
- Spend another hour on American Girl items inventory. — Did not accomplish.
This month was weird. I was more deeply affected by the murder of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter protests than I anticipated.
However, I was able to give blood! Yay! Al made steak the night before the drive, and my iron level was 14.3, one of the highest levels I’ve had. The baseline requirement for women is 12.5. And, my favorite phlebotomist, Spencer, was at the drive and helped me through it. I struggled to fill the bag, which is completely my fault. I forgot to drink enough water. More fluids!
I shipped off the massive Walmart box to Darby. It weighed almost 25 pounds! I paid almost $95 in shipping costs, but Darby offered me $164 in store credit, so I jumped on it. I’ve gotten a lot of pretty things this month, and I found a beautiful shirt with a flower on it and “Mom” on it for my mom.
I did a lot of other things with the house the month. The linen closet is finally clean and organized the way it should be, at least in my mind.
Al and I also went through our closets, filled two garbage bags full of outgrown clothes, and gathered several other things to donate. I dropped everything off at the thrift store on Sunday.
I’ve been slowly making my way through Just Mercy. It’s a good book, but it’s heavy. Look for a review on the Netflix documentary “13th” coming soon.
The Ebony and Fire Writing Club is currently on hiatus. I was disappointed at first, but one of the organizers wanted to take a break to focus on Black Lives Matter and some other priorities for a while.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of June?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for July!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂