Thanks, Kristian, for nominating me!
Here’s the link to Kristian’s post, where I was nominated: The Sunshine Blogger Award from Rob
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger (s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- What fictional world would you like to explore if you could?
- What is your idea of a perfect day?
- If you could be a professional athlete in any sport, what sport would you play?
- What is your favorite joke?
- What movie(s) can you watch over & over again?
- What are your New Year resolutions, and if you don’t have any, what are some long term goals you hope to achieve?
- Is there a meaning behind your name? If so, what is it?
- If you could master one skill, what would that skill be?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- In your opinion, what movie has the best soundtrack?
- What snack(s) can’t you live without?
Laura Beth’s Answers
- A perfect day starts with a cup of coffee, cuddle time with Al, carve out time for writing (fiction and blogging), an hour or more for reading, a comfy blanket, and at least one episode of Law and Order: SVU.
- I would love to play softball!
- My favorite joke is: Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar. “Get out of here!” The bartender shouts. “We don’t serve your type!”
- I can watch Ghostbusters (1984), Dirty Dancing (1987), Forrest Gump, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and pretty much any movie with Tom Hanks over and over.
- Here are some of my 2020 Goals: Complete the first round of editing of my first novel, pay off all credit card debt, de-clutter the entire house, and go on vacation with Al for our five-year wedding anniversary!
- I was named Laura Beth after my great-grandmother, Laura Bethany Powers. She lived to be 102!
- I would love to master flight.
- My favorite Disney movie is Mulan.
- The movie that has the best soundtrack is Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
- I love popcorn, tortilla chips with white sauce, and Reese’s!
- If you’ve been to a Disney theme park, which one is your favorite?
- What song is your favorite earworm?
- If you could go to any school, real or fictional, which one would you pick?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? You can pick multiple destinations.
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
- If you could eat only three foods for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- Do you see yourself living somewhere else?
- Where is your dream vacation destination?
- Which three authors would you like to have dinner with?
- If you could interview anyone, who would you pick?
Tag – You’re It!
I’m not tagging anyone for this particular award. If you want to do it, then go for it!
Thanks again, Kristian!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I thought I updated it!
I really enjoyed reading your answers!! No joke, popcorn, tortilla chips with white sauce, & Reeses are among my favorites too!!
Thank you! We are so much alike!
We really are!!
I’m answering in character. It is May 1995.
If you’ve been to a Disney theme park, which one is your favorite?
I’ve only been to Disneyland, and only twice, so I guess Disneyland by default.
What song is your favorite earworm?
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.
If you could go to any school, real or fictional, which one would you pick?
Good question… Walton was never realistically on the table, so if you don’t count that, Jeromeville was my first choice and that’s where I am now. However, I might have gone somewhere else had I known about the political climate here. I also kind of feel like I needed one more year at Plumdale High, because I had a lot of new friends senior year and I kind of left abruptly, and not everyone has stayed in touch.
If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? You can pick multiple destinations.
I’d meet as many of the girls I talk to online as possible. So Texas and Florida and Pennsylvania at the minimum. That’d originally take a week.
What is your favorite quote?
“Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem.” -Ronald Reagan
What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Loosen up. (I don’t think I’m very good at this, though.)
If you could eat only three foods for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
Ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers
Do you see yourself living somewhere else?
Yes, but I’m not sure where. Just not Jeromeville or Plumdale.
Where is your dream vacation destination?
I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii, but that’s kind of cliché so I’m not sure.
Which three authors would you like to have dinner with?
Stephen King, Michael Crichton, and Sue Grafton, because I’d like to know what kind of mind comes up with those stories.
If you could interview anyone, who would you pick?
“If you could” implies that all barriers to interviewing this person have been removed, so I’m going to interpret that as meaning it can be someone who died a long time ago. Thomas Jefferson. I’d like to know what he really believed about government and freedom and stuff like that, because it’s hard to interpret what he wrote and said through a 20th-century lens.
Great answers! Thanks!
“That’d originally take a week”… I have no idea what I was trying to say when I wrote that, and it doesn’t make sense. 😛 I meant to say something like that’d take a week already, I think. 🙂
No worries! I knew what you meant.
(I think it actually was an autocorrect and I was trying to type a different word, because I wrote that part from my phone… but saying so would be breaking character, since autocorrect and smart phones didn’t exist in 1995 :-P)
True story. I appreciate your dedication to staying in character.