November was quite a busy month!
Here’s the link to my November Goals post: Getting Personal #189: November Goals.
- Celebrate Lane’s milestone birthday. — Accomplished!
- Participate in the P.E.O. Reciprocity Rally in Richmond. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate four years of marriage with Al! — Accomplished!
- Participate in NaNoWriMo 2019. — Accomplished!
- Publish all outstanding Tag posts where I’ve been tagged. — Did not accomplish.
- Make at least one thrift store run. — Did not accomplish.
- Explore The Great Exchange. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate multiple birthdays! — Accomplished!
- Enjoy Thanksgiving! — Accomplished!
- See A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. — Accomplished!
- Write at least two Book Reviews. — Did not accomplish.
- Clear more clutter. — Did not accomplish.
- Work in my office for an hour each weekend. — Did not accomplish.
- Clean out the cabinet above the oven. — Did not accomplish.
November was a really busy month! Look for a blog post next week about my NaNoWriMo 2019 experience.
The first weekend of November was Lane’s epic 30th birthday celebration! On Friday night, we did an awesome escape room called “The Kidnapping” at Breakout Games in Virginia Beach.
Then, we went to the Airbnb she’d found, it was close to the Chesapeake Bay. It was an adorable house. We had a blast. Everyone brought food, and we all got to know each other better. There was also a small Spice Girls sing-along.
On Saturday morning, the fabulous make-up artist, Sydney, arrived. Several of us had our hair and makeup done. We left the Airbnb and headed to Windsor Castle Park in Smithfield. We couldn’t have asked for a prettier day!
The following weekend was the Reciprocity Rally, held at the Henrico County Public Library – Varina, outside of Richmond. There were 75 women in the conference / meeting room, along with delicious fall goodies. After the rally, where we learned about leadership styles and ideas for membership, members of the 2022 Convention Committee gathered. It will be held at the Renaissance Hotel in Portsmouth! I’m so excited that it’s so close to my house! We had a great carpool group, too.
Our wedding anniversary was November 14th. We went to work, and then celebrated at Decoys Seafood. This is the “hat trick” of restaurants that are owned by the same people. We went to River Stone Chophouse in 2017, and Vintage Tavern in 2018. We had a wonderful meal. I also recognized our server, Alexander, who was in youth group with me years ago. He went out of his way to make our night special – He gave us a moscato toast, and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. We had enough food left over to have dinner taken care of on Friday! We both blame the crab dip – Excellent, but it also filled us up.
There were multiple birthdays as well. Lane, Bruce, Kristian, Grandpa Stricker, and Nick!
I finished one book this month: Book Review #81: “More Than Enough: Claiming Space For Who You Are (No Matter What They Say)”
I took my mom to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood on Tuesday, November 26th. She had seen it once before, but knew she’d missed stuff. It’s definitely one of my favorite movies of the year. Tom Hanks did an excellent job. And the story was really good. I’m looking forward to seeing it again.
Bruce, Al, and I also went to see Midway the Friday before Thanksgiving. It was also well-done. Al’s grandpa served on the USS Yorktown during the battle.
Now that November is over, I plan to dedicate the month of December to de-cluttering and organizing. I’m tired of the state of my office, and I’m on a deadline to get it clean now. I have until February to get it ship-shape, since my P.E.O. chapter is coming to my house to learn about American Girl!
Did you have any goals for the month of November?
Come back tomorrow to see my December Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂