September is a bit of a weird month. The end of summer, the beginning of autumn, and kickoff to the end of the year!
For me, the weather has only felt like fall for a week, a while ago. The mornings are cool, but the high temperatures are still in the 80s and sometimes 90!
Here’s the link to my September Goals post:
Here we go!
Here are my goals for the month of September:
- Start my new job! — Accomplished!
- Successfully complete my self-imposed “No-Spend September.” — Did not accomplish.
- Publish a fun Writing Prompt series during the month. — Accomplished!
- Publish four Commentary posts, aiming for one post per week. — Did not accomplish.
- Publish all outstanding Tag posts where I’ve been tagged. — Did not accomplish.
- Spend time with treasured friends. — Accomplished!
- Publish three Book Reviews. — Semi-Achieved.
- Participate in decorating duffel bags for local children in foster care. — Did not accomplish.
- Begin outlining my plans for NaNoWriMo 2019 in November. — Accomplished!
- Reduce clutter throughout the house, aiming for 1-2 hours of work per weekend. — Accomplished!
- Purchase a new mattress, bed frame, and nightstands. — Accomplished!
- Research area rugs for the living room. — Did not accomplish.
- Evaluate my clothing clutter – Decide what to donate or store away. — Accomplished!
I really like my new job. I’m still adjusting, but the biggest difference is the commute. I can get to work in 20 minutes almost every morning! I like my boss, and I have a really good team. I’m so happy I made this decision.
Although I struggled immensely with No-Spend September, I’m much more aware of where my money is going. I now track every dollar I spend, which is my own version of YNAB. I also have a proper notebook now, so I don’t have to write everything on scratch paper. I’m spending a lot less on clothes. I’m also aware of how much I’m eating and snacking, especially at work. My new job has a great cafeteria and a cantina with pick-me-up snacks. And – I haven’t added anything to my credit cards for almost a full month. That’s HUGE!!
I really enjoyed creating the Fall Fridays Writing Prompt series. I have decided to continue it in October, so stop by every Friday for more! (Writing Prompt #239, Writing Prompt #240, Writing Prompt #241)
I wrote one Commentary post: Thoughts on “Mindhunter”
I posted two Book Reviews: “Mosquitoland” and “Glory Be”
With the new job, I struggled with the blog this month. I had a period of self-doubt with my writing. But now, I’m back on the horse, and excited to write about so many things! I’m looking forward to completing my Tag posts, more Commentary posts, more Book Reviews, and continuing my Fall Fridays prompt series.
Al and I cleared a lot of clutter this month! We still have a long way to go, but I’m very happy with the progress we’ve made.
We are really happy with our new mattress, bed frame, and nightstands. We also got awesome under-bed storage drawers. This was also motivating for me to fully clean out my closet, re-organize it, and fill those storage drawers. The last thing I need to do is drop off the donations at the thrift store.
The foster care children duffel bag event was postponed. It has been re-scheduled for the end of October.
Did you have any goals for the month of September? Let me know!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I posted every day in September! And my stats lowered lol!!
Every day is awesome! But, boo on your stats being lowered.
I knew people could only take me in small doses lol!!