August was a fun month!
Here’s the link to my August Goals post:
Here we go!
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate my birthday! — Accomplished!
- Celebrate others’ birthdays! — Accomplished!
- Read at least two books. — Accomplished!
- Complete at least two Writing Prompt posts. — Did not accomplish.
- Plan a fun Writing Prompt series for the month of September. — Accomplished!
- Catch up on Commentary and Tags posts. — Semi-Achieved.
- Research You Need A Budget! (YNAB). — Accomplished!
- Read my Daily Guideposts book every day. — Accomplished!
- Dedicate at least an hour every weekend to working on my office. — Accomplished!
- Participate in my church’s clean-up day. — Accomplished!
I was able to give a partial Power Red donation at the blood drive. Because I attempted Power Red, I have to wait 16 weeks to donate again, so that will be in December. We collected 61 units total!
I had so much fun celebrating 31 this year! I wanted to try this new place in Norfolk called Circuit Social, a barcade. It exceeded everyone’s expectations! Great food, so many games, and nearly a whole wall of drink choices – Beer, wine, and ciders! Highly recommend!
We celebrated Savy’s birthday and my birthday during the weekend of August 10th. Al’s parents came in for the weekend. We went out to the Chinese Buffet, and ended the evening with Dairy Queen ice cream cake – Chocolate chip cookie dough, my favorite!
The church clean-up day was a rousing success. I helped power wash several sections of the sidewalk at both entrances. I also helped pick up pruned branches and sprayed poison ivy killer. We also got a great lunch out of the deal, too.
I spent a lot more time in my office because I broke down the goal so simply. I’m able to walk easier in there now, and I can sit on the couch. I still have more to do, but I’m happy with my progress. I also dressed my seven dolls in back-to-school clothes!
At the end of the month, I had the opportunity to visit Seminole, Florida, to see my Grandpa and my Aunt Marny. Grandpa is 93 and doing well! It was really nice to catch up with Aunt Marny. The last time we saw each other in person was for my wedding in 2015!
Did you have any goals for the month of August? Let me know!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂