Welcome back! I don’t know about you, but May seemed like a really long month! It’s been a mix of heat waves and cooler weather here, so we’re in for a long, hot summer.
Here’s the link to my May Goals post:
Here we go!
- Continue work on the garage. — Did not accomplish.
- Make at least two thrift store donation runs. — Accomplished!
- Meal-prep for the entire month. — Accomplished!
- Participate in Didi’s WIP Writing Challenge for May. — Did not accomplish.
- Attend P.E.O. Virginia State Convention! — Accomplished!
- Celebrate May The Fourth Be With You. — Accomplished!
- Create two planters for our front stoop with mosquito-repellent plants. — Did not accomplish.
- Continue work on my 2014 WIP. — Did not accomplish.
- See Long Shot. — Did not accomplish.
- See Pokemon Detective Pikachu. — Did not accomplish.
- See The Hustle. — Did not accomplish.
- Spend time with good friends. — Did not accomplish.
- See Avengers: Endgame again. — Did not accomplish.
- Enjoy Memorial Day Weekend with family. — Accomplished!
I didn’t work on the garage, but I made a lot of progress with my office. I organized all of my doll things, and got a lot of trash and recycling out. I made two runs to Goodwill, and have plans for at least one more.
We watched Solo: A Star Wars Story with Nick, Savy, and Mia at their place on May 4th. So much fun!
We had a good trip to the farm to see Al’s parents. Nick, Savy, and Xeno joined us on Saturday night. We watched The Majestic and North By Northwest. So much food! When we got home Monday night, my parents invited us over for skeen burgers and fun with Debbie D.
Look for more book reviews in June!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
A work in progress!
I definitely want to hear more about the mosquito-repelling plants you’re looking into planting! I’m a mosquito magnet &, when I use my electronic cigarette, I stand in the laundry room with the door open. I’m gonna end up being eaten alive!
Yes! We are looking at marigolds and lavender, and possibly a few others. I’m a mosquito magnet also.
Huh! I didn’t know those had anti-mosquito properties! They’re super pretty flowers.
Now, after I get them, all I’ll have to worry about is the bees. They’re already flying into my laundry room because the upstairs apartment neighbors put out some lovely flowers. LOL
Yep! There are about 10 plants that have mosquito-repelling properties. We want marigolds because they attract ladybugs, and they will eat the aphids that are attacking our roses.
I hear ya. We have bees and wasps that get trapped somehow in between the screens of our porch.
Marigolds are so pretty too! & lavender has relaxing properties. Both great choices, IMO.
The bees scare the snot outta me. I know they’re important & all, but … geez! LOL
Thanks! We used the natural weed killer yesterday, and it already seemed to be working last night. So hopefully we can get the plants in the ground next weekend.
I hear you. Although the wasps are worse. I feel like they chase me down!
Honestly, I don’t know if I could tell the difference between a bee & a wasp. I freak out either way!
Pingback: 3-2-1 Quote Me! – Happiness | Life Lessons From Around the Dinner Table
Thank you for tagging me!
Pingback: The Bookish Adventure Tag – Fiction No Chaser
Thank you for tagging me! Can’t wait to do this tag soon.