Here’s the link to my April Goals post:
Here we go!
- Donate blood. — Did not accomplish.
- Celebrate Dad’s birthday! — Accomplished!
- See Shazam! — Accomplished!
- See Avengers: Endgame. — Accomplished!
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2019. — Accomplished!
- Enjoy time with Emily and Matt. — Accomplished!
- Continue work on the attached garage. — Did not accomplish.
- Participate in Didi’s WIP Challenge for April. — Accomplished!
- Take multiple boxes of books and DVDs to 2nd and Charles for consignment. — Accomplished!
- Continue work on my office. — Semi-Achieved.
- Create two planters for our front stoop with mosquito-repellent plants. — Did not accomplish.
I got so close to donating blood this time. For women, you have to have a hemoglobin “score” of 12.5 to be eligible. My highest score was 12.4 – I hate it when that happens!
We celebrated my Dad’s birthday in early April. Yay!
We loved both Shazam! and Avengers: Endgame. We went to see Shazam! with our friends Mike and Shana after a lovely dinner at Chili’s. Al and I just saw Endgame on Saturday afternoon, and we’re still recovering from it emotionally. Such a good movie, though. It’s like the final satisfying chapter of a really good book. Look for a huge recap here on the blog in about a week!
As of this writing, I’ve added more than 9,000 new words to my 2013 WIP for Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2019. I’m very pleased. And, I still have tonight to add some more!
We got to see Emily and Matt twice last weekend! My parents hosted a wonderful dinner at their house for us and several family friends on Thursday night, a wonderful reprieve from the absolute nut house that was my work last week! And, they came over for a couple of hours on Saturday morning, with my dad, to meet our dogs. We got to talk to Matt a bit more and learn about his life in England. I didn’t want them to leave!
Al helped me schlep more than six boxes of books and DVDs to 2nd and Charles on a rainy Sunday afternoon. They don’t take a lot of bestsellers or well-known authors / series, but they did buy $34 worth of items from me. They also offer store credit as an option. The stuff they didn’t take, we dropped in their “Free” bin on the way out. It felt so good!
I was able to go through quite a bit of paper for shredding in my office, and filed several things away. Bit by bit, it’s coming together. I’m hoping to buy my stand-up desk by the summertime.
I didn’t have the money on hand to justify the planters this month, but hopefully it will happen in May. The mosquitoes are already emerging!
Did you have any goals for the month of April?
Come back tomorrow to see my May Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂