I was honored to be nominated for the The Real Neat Blog Award by Kristian, the lovely and talented author of Life Lessons Around The Dinner Table. Thanks, Kristian!
Here’s Kristian’s post, where I was nominated:
The guidelines for accepting the Real Neat Blog Award are pretty straightforward:
- Answer the seven questions posed to you
- Gift 3 bloggers
- Pose a further seven questions
1. What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things on earth? Why?
- Sunrises / sunsets – I’ve been fortunate to witness several magnificent sunrises and sunsets in various places throughout the world. They are, in my mind, one of the best examples of God’s creation and beauty.
- Flowers of all kinds – Despite the pollen, I love flowers. All of them are unique and beautiful in their own way. I love visiting different botanical gardens to bask in their splendor.
- The ocean – This is one of the things that soothes me greatly. Although I’m not much of a beach person any more, I love seeing the ocean, listening to the waves, and smelling the salt air.
- Cardinals – Virginia’s state bird is the northern cardinal, and the red male is one of the most beautiful and stunning creatures on this Earth.
- Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin – I’m a Green Bay Packers fan ’til I die. I look forward to the day I get the opportunity to visit this historic place, and watch my Packers play on their home turf.
2. What’s your idea of the perfect day?
- Enjoying a delicious breakfast, with at least one cup of coffee in the morning, if not two. No chores! Having time to enjoy my six American Girl dolls, changing their clothes and doing their hair. Writing in my journal. Taking a walk in my neighborhood, either with Al or our dogs, ideally all three. Enjoying either lunch or dinner out with Al as a date. Then, ending the day with a nice dinner, a good beverage, and watching a movie or two, snuggled on the couch next to Al and our dogs on our laps.
3. How do you recharge?
- “Unplugging” from my electronics. I love reading, writing by hand, enjoying my American Girl dolls, and pastel painting.
4. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
- A novelist.
5. What’s something you haven’t done, but have always wanted to?
- Traveled somewhere on an Amtrak train.
6. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
- Hermione Granger!
7. What’s your favorite joke?
Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.
“Get out of here!” shouts the bartender. “We don’t serve your type!”
Gifting The Award
Laura Beth’s Questions
- What is your dream novel, or idea for a novel?
- Which fictional world would you want to live in?
- What is your preference: The beach, or the mountains?
- What is your favorite vacation memory?
- Where is one place in your state or area you’ve never visited?
- What was your favorite toy when you were younger?
- Which fictional character would you want to date?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂