I’ve seen several blog posts like this pop up in the last week or so. I wanted to do my own!
Also, I wanted to capture how many books I actually read in 2018. Several blog posts mentioned this, and I wanted to tally mine. One young lady read 110 books this year. That’s incredible!
So, before starting the lists of favorites, here’s my tally for books and Book Reviews for 2018:
- Total books read: 17
- Total Book Reviews: 17
- First published Book Review of 2018: Book Review #51: “Grace and Grit: My Fight for Equal Pay and Fairness at Goodyear and Beyond” (Published January 20, 2018)
- Last published Book Review of 2018: Book Review #67: “Small Town” (Published December 30, 2018)
- ARC Reviews: 2 (!!)
- 5 stars: 2
- 4 1/2 stars: 8
- 4 stars: 5
- 3 1/2 stars: 1
- 3 stars: 1
- 2 1/2 stars: 0
- 2 stars: 0
- 1 1/2 stars: 0
- 1 star: 0
ARC Reviews (First year ever!)
- Book Review #64: “Forgetting My Way Back To You” (ARC Review)
- Book Review #65: “Fallible Justice” (ARC Review)
I really enjoyed reading these two books. I hope to read more ARCs in 2019!
Now, on to my favorites!
- Fallible Justice
- Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide
- Grace and Grit: My Fight for Equal Pay and Fairness at Goodyear and Beyond
- Prez: A Story of Love
- The Woman in Cabin 10
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Black Panther
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Christopher Robin
- First Man
- Game Night
- Incredibles 2
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout
- Ready Player One
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Favorite TV Shows
- Growing Pains – Seasons 1 and 2 (Amazon)
- Evil Genius: The True Story of America’s Most Diabolical Bank Heist (Netflix)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – Seasons 1 and 2 (Hulu)
- The Confession Tapes (Netflix)
- The Magicians – Season 3 (Netflix)
- Assassinations (Parcast)
- Conspiracy Theories (Parcast)
- Female Criminals (Parcast)
- Hostage (Parcast)
- Kingpins (Parcast)
- Small Town Dicks
- The Adventure Zone – “Amnesty” (Maximum Fun)
Well, that wraps up my favorite things for 2018!
What about you? What were some of your favorite things of the year?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
This makes me reflect that I shy away from leaving many low-rated book reviews. In part, I think it’s also more likely I’ll give up on reading something not enjoyable. Reading devices such as a kindle probably have something to do with that.
I hear you. I didn’t finish a few books this year due to reading slumps and lost interest. I do don’t e-books at all, just a personal preference. Physical copies all the way! Thanks for reading!