Fiction No Chaser is awesome! I stumbled upon Teagan and Jess’s blog a while back, and I’m loving their book reviews. Check them out!
Here’s the link to their post:
Do you get sick while reading in the car?
- Nope. While I’m not driving, I love reading on road trips!
Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
- I was hooked by Sharon M. Draper from the beginning. She has this way of making predominantly African-American and people of color characters jump off the page. I’ve read nearly everything that’s she published.
Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
- Harry Potter wins. Every. Single. Time.
- Point #1: Harry Potter was the first series that got me remotely interested in the fantasy genre.
- Point #2: Twilight is not my thing. I tried. But, I’ve read, devoured every single page of Harry Potter.
- Point #3: I donated my Twilight books long ago. I will never donate my Harry Potter collection.
Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books …)?
- My current Vera Bradley purse is big enough to carry a book, so that works. That’s one of my main policies for purses / bags – At least one book has to fit in it.
Do you smell your books?
- I have. But, I don’t make a habit of it.
Books with or without little illustrations?
- I love illustrations. That’s one thing I didn’t like when American Girl launched their BeForever series in 2014. The style of the books changed so that they became solid chapter books, and lost the beautiful illustrations that captivated the imagination. I will keep the older, six series books for myself and my future children because the illustrations are timeless.
What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
- We almost had to pay a $25 fine for the local library to replace a beautifully illustrated, hardcover children’s book. Right before the deadline to pay, we finally found the book. It was under my parents’ bed. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to put it there. From then on, library books were restricted to my bedroom, or in a bag in the car.
What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!, by Dr. Seuss. It was a graduation gift with a beautiful inscription.
What is the thickest book on your shelf?
- 11/22/63, by Stephen King.
Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
- I’ve been writing in journals and creating stories since I was 8-years-old. I decided that I wanted to be a writer when I was 10. I’m getting closer to that goal every day – My goal is to finish my current WIP for the first round of editing by December 31, 2018. I want to reach at least 50,000 words.
When did you get into reading?
- Probably in the womb. My parents and grandparents read to me constantly.
What is your favorite classic book?
- Tie between To Kill A Mockingbird and The Great Gatsby.
In school what was your best subject?
- English was my absolute favorite. I didn’t always like the books that were assigned, but I certainly gained a greater appreciation for literature over the years. The lively discussions we had in my high school classes are some of my fondest memories.
If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
- Say thank you, and accept it.
What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
- I can’t answer this question. I don’t know of one!
What is a bad habit that you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
- I don’t do many videos, but I struggle with what to do with my hands. I talk with my hands, so gesturing is something where I have control issues.
What is your favorite word?
Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb?
- Likely all of the above, but nerd shines brightly.
Vampires or Fairies? Why?
- Fairies. I love Tinkerbell! And vampires have never been my thing.
Shapeshifters or Angels?
- Ooooh. I like both, but angels win for me. I rely on my faith quite a bit.
Spirits or Werewolves?
- Spirits – Such as, A Christmas Carol.
Zombies or Vampires?
- Given the choice, I’d go with vampires. Zombies are gross, and I would very likely get eaten, or turned into one within minutes. Yuck!
Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
- Forbidden love, hands down. I don’t even want to write love triangles in my works, let alone read them.
AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
- Both. Mixing action and romance is never bad.
Tag – You’re It!
- Jenna – Bookmark Your Thoughts
- Destiny – Howling Libraries
- Kristian – Life Lessons Around The Dinner Table
- Jewel – Doll Notebook
This was an awesome tag! Really interesting questions!
What would your answers be?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂