So far, 2018 is turning out to be very busy. Most of our weekends have been chock-full, although we have had a blessed few where absolutely nothing was on the calendar. March seemed to drag on a little bit, probably because of the crazy weather! At least now it’s a bit more spring-like. Temperatures in the 60s and 70s – I’ll take it!
Here’s the link to my March Goals post:
Here we go!
- Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend. — Semi-Achieved.
- See A Wrinkle In Time. — Did not accomplish.
- See Ready Player One. — Accomplished!
- Attend a meet-and-greet with Old Dominion Greyhound Adoption. — Accomplished!
- Update the Household Bills spreadsheet by the end of the month. — Accomplished!
- Prepare for my P.E.O. officer transition. — Accomplished!
- Make chocolate mousse for the office. — Accomplished!
- Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
- Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend. — Semi-Achieved.
- I was able to do this for a few weekends, but not all.
- I spent two solid hours on one Sunday afternoon, and I was immensely proud of myself. I’m slowly carving a path through!
See A Wrinkle In Time. — Did not accomplish.
- This wasn’t a priority for us. Maybe one day soon!
See Ready Player One. — Accomplished!
- We have tickets to see it TODAY! Cannot wait!
Attend a meet-and-greet with Old Dominion Greyhound Adoption. — Accomplished!
- We did this on Saturday, March 10th. We had so much fun!
- You can read more about it in my post from March 12th: Adventure Time: Newport News & Williamsburg Edition (Greyhounds, Colonial Williamsburg, and Romantic Escape Package)
- We have the application in hand, but we’re waiting a little longer to submit it. We need to build the fence!
Update the Household Bills spreadsheet by the end of the month. — Accomplished!
- It feels good!
Prepare for my P.E.O. officer transition. — Accomplished!
- I was officially elected and installed as the chapter’s treasurer!
- Thankfully, almost everything is logged and recorded through Excel. That makes me happy!
- I’m excited for this new role!
Make chocolate mousse for the office. — Accomplished!
- Al helped me make it, and I brought it to the office last week. Out of three I’ve made since Thanksgiving, this one was the best of them all. It was awesome!
- My department director was even able to find the original recipe online, and sent it to everyone.
Make at least one thrift store donation run. — Accomplished!
- We dropped off all the clothing donations, plus the big boxes of books and DVDs.
- Then, after that solid two hours of work in my Lady Lounge, I had quite a bit to donate. We loaded up the car and dropped it off at the CHKD Thrift Store near our house.
Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. — Accomplished!
- I signed up for CampNaNoWriMo for the first time, with a singular focus on this endeavor.
- Read more in my March 27th post: Getting Personal #111: Camp NaNoWriMo
- Feeling inspired, I went on an awesome sprint this past week. When Al was in the shower on Thursday morning, I wrote over 1,100 words! Woohoo!
- And then, last night, I wrote another 884 words!
- I’m up to 37 pages now. It’s really starting to come together, and I’m enjoying writing again.
- I wrote approximately 2,025 words!! Happy dance over here!!
- Current word count: 13,241 words.
- I was able to put Accomplished next to seven out of nine goals. More than 75 percent – I call that a win!
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: This was mainly due to time constraints. However, I’m happy with the progress I made.
- The one goal that I did not accomplish: I’m not too worried about this one. Movies will always be there to watch.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of March?
Come back tomorrow to see my April Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Pingback: Getting Personal #120: Camp NaNoWriMo April 2018 Recap – Hot Shot Headlines