Welcome to February! We’ve almost turned the corner for winter. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for spring!
Here are my goals for the month of February:
- Host my first P.E.O. meeting.
- Get back to a regular cleaning schedule.
- Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend.
- Donate blood.
- Use my diffuser more often.
- Send another box of clothes to Darby’s Dresses.
- See Black Panther.
- Wear my contact lenses every day this month.
- Write in my journal at least once a week.
- Read at least two books.
- Explore options for essential oil storage.
Here’s the breakdown:
Host my first P.E.O. meeting.
- I’m hosting our meeting for the first time! We are trying a few Saturday meetings to see if it increases attendance, among other things. Our typical meetings are held on Monday nights.
- What is P.E.O., you ask? It stands for Philanthropic Educational Organization. The way I describe it is it’s women helping women, where we raise money for scholarships, grants, and loans.
Get back to a regular cleaning schedule.
- The holidays were a blur, and I had little to no consistency with my cleaning schedule in December and January. Like last month, I want to dust and vacuum more often, so that’s going on the calendar.
Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend.
- Every time I look at my Lady Lounge, I want to scream. I have been so lazy recently, and the clutter and boxes are driving me nuts. I want to find permanent homes for everything in the lounge, and in the garage.
- I figure committing a time to each weekend will hopefully hold me accountable. My plan is to set the oven timer for an hour, and then see what happens.
- Our next blood drive is on Saturday! Fingers crossed for high iron.
Use my diffuser more often.
- I love my Desert Mist Diffuser in our living room, but I want to use it more often. I have an abundance of oils, and I want to use them!
Send another box of clothes to Darby’s Dresses.
- I’m part of this awesome Facebook group / small business called Darby’s Dresses. Darby is an awesome woman in Tennessee, and she sells women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories on consignment for very affordable prices. I’ve sent her two big boxes already, and I’m almost ready to send her another one!
See Black Panther.
- We are so excited for this movie! We’re hoping to see it at least once with our friends Mike and Shana.
Wear my contact lenses every day this month.
- I need to give my glasses a break, and stop being so lazy in the mornings!
Write in my journal at least once a week.
- Last month’s goal was a bit ambitious, so I’m hoping that committing to once a week will help motivate me.
Read at least two books.
- I started reading my current book two nights ago, and I devoured the first chapter. It’s really interesting so far!
Explore options for essential oil storage.
- I love all my Young Living essential oils, but they’re currently cluttering the end table next to our couch. I’m exploring building a shelving unit out of wooden crates at the moment, so that they can be displayed in the Lady Lounge. More to come!
Do you have any goals for the month of February? I’d love to hear about them!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
When I was looking on Amazon for a make-up box (I found a crazy huge one & the seller was fantastic!), there were tons of essential oil storage boxes. I’m sure I could find a link if you’re interested.
Yes, please! You’re awesome – Thank you!
Now, obviously, I don’t know what size your bottles are, so you might want to look at similar products based on this general idea.
However, I think this is a beautiful box & it would look fantastic in your Lady Lounge or living room: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5GYY2Y/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01N5GYY2Y&pd_rd_wg=0PIqH&pd_rd_r=GPW77FD006MXFX5YCJTP&pd_rd_w=WotsV
Here’s hoping that link doesn’t make this end up in your spam message box! 😀
This is amazing! I think this will work perfectly. According to the description, it will hold the bottles that I have, 5 ml and 15 ml. Thank you!!
I’m so glad! I love the little features – the handle & the inner cover art really look great. I hope it lives up to your expectations, or you can use the link to find some other case that works for what you want! 🙂
It’s supposed to arrive today! Thankful for Amazon Prime and free two-day shipping. You’re awesome!
How are you liking it? One upside to being way behind answering comments & emails is that you’ve had a chance to try out your essential oil holder! LOL 😀
I love it! Everything fits perfectly. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
I’m so glad you’re enjoying it & it works for your oils! Having everything organized makes my mind, at least, feel the same. Honestly, I didn’t do anything! It was a recommendation that popped up while I was looking for my (huge, awesome) make-up organizer.
If anything, it was pure luck that I even remembered. My goldfish memory retention & all. 😀
I’m with you on organization! I’m slowly making my office into an organized, clutter-free (as much as possible, anyway) space. Bit by bit.
Every little bit helps! Plus, it gives great ideas where other stuff can go. 🙂
As always, I can’t wait to see the pictures of the transformation.
Look for a new Home Improvement blog post very soon!
I hope you like it!
It was great! I really like the new doors & the accent pieces. 🙂
Thank you! I promise to feature the essential oils box in a new post very soon!
Please don’t feel the need to do it on my account! If it fits in, or you want to talk about it for your own reasons, then I’d love to read about it (&, hopefully, see pictures!).
Just knowing you enjoy it, it works for you, & it fits your decor means so much to me, it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy. 🙂 ❤
I’ve been wanting to make a post dedicated to essential oils for a while, and the box fits into that post perfectly! I’m so glad it makes you warm and fuzzy!
Pingback: Getting Personal #105: February Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines