Many thanks to Jenna, the amazing author of Bookmark Your Thoughts, for nominating me! This is the fifth time I’ve received this award, and I really appreciate each and every nomination!
Here’s the link to Jenna’s post, where I was nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or ping) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How Hot Shot Headlines Started
I majored in Communication Studies, Mass Media, in college. That’s a fancy title for journalism. I also minored in English, Writing & Rhetoric. In 2007, I had dreams of being the next Katie Couric, or at least eventually living and working in New York City. Four years later, I graduated, and headed back home to Hampton Roads. I worked a few temp jobs before I got my first “big girl” job at a major health system, learning everything about health insurance, plus the ins and outs of contracts, analytics, percentages, and communicating via email and the phone.
Five years have passed, I’m still with Riverside, and my blog has continued to grow. I’m not getting paid to be a journalist, but I’m just as happy with writing about whatever I want, whenever I want, and throwing in some news articles and hot topics for good measure.
For New Bloggers
- Don’t be afraid to write how you feel – Don’t hold back profanity, etc. Your blog is your own. Just as long as you’re not trashing your current employer! You don’t want to lose your job.
- Post as much as you want, but don’t be afraid to take a break. I don’t write blog posts at all when I’m on vacation with Al, for example. I’ve also gotten burnt out several times. But, when I give myself a break, I start to miss blogging, and then I come back to it refreshed and rejuvenated!
And The Nominees Are …
Disclaimer: Do not feel obligated to accept this nomination or award – It will not hurt my feelings. Several bloggers I know do not accept awards, and I completely understand! The purpose of these awards are to recognize that you’re an awesome blogger! I don’t want to pressure anyone into anything!
- Little Blind Book Finds
- Chinese Characters Decomposition
- Delphine’s Babble on Some Good Reads
- Texas Law Student
- DJ Art Love
- Jina S. Bazzar – authors inspirations
Thank you again, Jenna, for this nomination!
If you have any questions, please contact me! I’m happy to listen.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂