Here we are! Summer in Virginia is in full swing. Hot and humid!
Here are my goals for the month of July:
- Clear the clothing clutter.
- Start designing my custom American Girl doll cabinet / storage unit.
- Register for the fall semester.
- See Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- See Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
- Write at least 200 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- Work toward weekly meal planning.
- Set up a consistent cleaning schedule.
- Update my resume.
- Publish a bigger variety of blog posts.
Here’s the breakdown:
Clear the clothing clutter.
- Piggybacking off of last month, we’re trying to clean out our closets. There’s a lot of things that don’t fit / we don’t wear anymore.
- We just need to bag it all up, and head to the local thrift stores.
Start designing my custom American Girl doll cabinet / storage unit.
- This is going to be my birthday gift from Al. I’m so excited!
- I’ve been designing it in my head ever since we started talking about it last weekend in the car.
- I’ll finally have a functional / beautiful way to store my dolls and their clothes / accessories.
- This will be a fun project that we can work on together!
- I promise pictures!
Register for the fall semester.
- Once the replacement Longwood transcripts come in, I’m making an appointment on campus to make sure everything is taken care in terms of transfer credits.
- After that, I’ll talk with Professor Pedigo to make sure everything is squared away.
- Then, I can finally register for Legal Writing!
- We’re definitely going to see it on Thursday, July 6th!
- Depending on how the first show goes, we may go see it again with friends.
- I was initially skeptical about this one.
- But, after watching several YouTube videos and reading more about it, I’m excited to see it!
- It looks super trippy, in a good way. I’m excited to see how they interpret the graphic novel.
Write at least 200 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- I was re-reading what I’ve written so far, and I’ve been jotting down some thoughts. I’m excited to add more to the story, bit by bit.
Work toward weekly meal planning.
- After looking at our budget recently, and finding out earlier this week that we need to replace our HVAC system, I’m motivated to start meal planning in a notebook.
- We have several good recipes that we like and use a lot, but any new ideas and welcomed and appreciated!
Set up a consistent cleaning schedule.
- This is another thing I want to put in writing, or on the calendar in the kitchen.
- I need to make time every weekend to do some cleaning, so stuff like dust doesn’t pile up.
- We have our laundry and sink / dishwasher routines down cold, but vacuuming / dust mopping / dusting – Not so much.
- As an adult with my own house, I’m now starting to understand why my mom had me do certain things at certain times every month – It really helps!
Update my resume.
- In talking with Professor Pedigo at the blood drive last month, she’s offered to help me update my resume. She keeps student resumes on file for lawyers needing help, and other job opportunities.
- She also recommends to update it every six months, so I’d like to get in the habit of doing that now.
- I also want to update my LinkedIn profile, and a few other professional things this month.
Publish a bigger variety of blog posts.
- I want to do a few more Commentary and Hot Topic posts this month.
- I definitely want to have a few more Book Reviews.
- Look for a new TBR recap!
- Suggestions are welcomed, and appreciated!
Do you have any goals for the month of July?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂