Here’s the link to my June Goals post:
Here we go!
- Celebrate our 100th blood drive! — Accomplished!
- Refresh/update my summer wardrobe. — Semi-Achieved.
- See Wonder Woman! — Accomplished!
- Celebrate Nick and Savy’s engagement/upcoming wedding! — Accomplished!
- Attend the 10-year high school reunion with my IB classmates. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate Mom’s retirement! — Accomplished!
- Buy bikes! — Accomplished!
- Visit the library at least once. — Accomplished!
- Work to write between three-four Book Reviews. — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Celebrate our 100th blood drive! — Accomplished!
- We had an excellent blood drive for #100 on Saturday, June 3rd.
- I was FINALLY able to give blood – Happy dance!
- We collected 60 units total, which is excellent for a summer drive. Historically, the summer months are the worst for the Red Cross and other blood banks, because there are less donors.
- I’m mainly happy that I moved/re-organized my fall/winter clothes! Those are stored away until the seasons change again (It won’t be long!)
- I also moved some spring/summer clothes into my closet, and organized those properly.
- Next: Go through the huge hamper at the bottom of the closet!
See Wonder Woman! — Accomplished!
- I’m so glad we went to see it. It was AWESOME!
- Gal Gadot is a FREAKING ROCKSTAR.
- If you haven’t seen it, it is highly recommended!
- We had a great time at their house, as we always do.
- Al’s parents drove us there, and my mom came with us!
- It was an awesome reunion – Seeing Mia, Crystal and Steven, Jeremy and Chelsea, Rachel and Jason, Kudu, and others!
Attend the 10-year high school reunion with my IB classmates. — Accomplished!
- After a few challenges, like changing restaurants, 18 of us (11 classmates, 7 spouses, and Sean’s not-so-little brother) gathered at Waterman’s at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront on Saturday, June 17th. We had a great time!
- Thanks, Sean, for setting this up!
- We had to wait an hour and a half for a table big enough to open up, so a bunch of us gathered on the boardwalk for a while. We stood in a huge circle and had a great time catching up and reminiscing. It was really great to have that opportunity, because by the time we got in the restaurant to eat, it was hard to hear everyone!
- We celebrated at Spaghetti Eddie’s with my parents on the last day of school.
- The school had a wonderful end-of-the-year luncheon, where Mom and several other retiring teachers and staff were recognized.
- A photo mat was passed around the school and signed for my mom, and all the messages were so sweet!
- She received a wonderful send-off after 23 years at Chittum Elementary.
Buy bikes! — Accomplished!
- We were able to support a fantastic local business, SCAT Bikes – And, they’re only a few miles from our house!
- In one Saturday, we purchased two bikes, two helmets, a bike rack that works for both of our cars, and a fancy adjustable bar that makes my bike more stable when transporting it.
- I went twice!
- I picked up The Man in the High Castle and The Lost Symbol, and then renewed The Lost Symbol. I’m deep into that one now, and loving it! Trying hard to finish it before next Saturday!
Work to write between three-four Book Reviews. — Accomplished!
- I finally got back on track with my Book Reviews – Yay!
- I’m proud to say that I published four reviews this month – A new record!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to eight out of nine goals. I think this is a record! I was so excited when I started counting!
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: I’m just happy that I got things organized. I still have some more work to do, but that’s fine by me!
Did you have any goals for June?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for July!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Awesome job. Love the pictures!
Thank you! I need to put more in more posts!
You were a busy lady this June. Good going!
Thank you, Tony! No wonder the month flew by so quickly! Being busy is good.
I really need to start setting myself sone goals.
The last comment should have said, some goals.
You go, adult female person!!! (I dislike calling grown women “girl,” but I like the saying. LOL)
Haha! I love it. You’re not alone – I’m the same way!
Oh good. I’ll try not to post an explanation should I use the phrase in the future (I can’t promise I’ll remember, though!). 😀
You did plenty! I loved Wonderwoman too.
Thank you! It was a really good movie – Gal Gadot is an inspiration to everyone!
And to the industry. I’m hoping it will lead to much more female-led superhero films.