It’s hard to believe that today closes out month #5 of 2017. The month of May was very exciting – One of the busiest months yet!
Here’s the link to my May Goals post:
Here we go!
- Celebrate Melissa’s graduation from William & Mary! – Accomplished!
- Attend Tidewater Comicon. – Did not accomplish.
- Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation! – Did not accomplish.
- Attend PEO Virginia State Convention. – Accomplished!
- Research more uses for essential oils. – Semi-Achieved.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day! – Accomplished!
- Make at least three new recipes. – Accomplished!
- Help prepare for our 100th blood drive! – Accomplished!
- Figure out a new, effective workout plan. – Accomplished!
- Read at least three new books. – Semi-Achieved.
Here’s the breakdown:
Celebrate Melissa’s graduation from William & Mary! – Accomplished!
- We took a road trip up to Richmond on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
- We had so much fun at Marisa and David’s house! Their house is gorgeous, and the renovations/expansions turned out beautifully.
- There was so much food! Melissa’s mom sent us home with tons of leftovers.
- We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating with Melissa, and meeting many of her friends and colleagues. We stayed a bit longer because we were engrossed in conversations about Star Trek, and Harry Potter!
Attend Tidewater Comicon. – Did not accomplish.
- Since Melissa’s graduation party fell on the same weekend, it wasn’t worth the money to go this year.
Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation! – Did not accomplish.
- I blame my mess for this! I could not find the transcripts that I purchased a while back, even though I searched many places!
- I just need to buy two more transcripts, and make another appointment.
Attend PEO Virginia State Convention. – Accomplished!
- This was one of the best weekends I’d had in a while.
- Cindy was a great carpool buddy!
- There was so much good food!
- The business was conducted and the entire weekend went smoothly.
- We celebrated over 20 “Golden Girls” – Apparently 1967 was a great year for PEO!
- I was thoroughly exhausted after driving six hours round trip on Sunday, so I came home, got into my comfy clothes, and watched Undercover Boss on Netflix until bedtime.
Research more uses for essential oils. – Semi-Achieved.
- I want to do more research every month, but I’m happy with what I’ve learned so far.
- The fabulous woman who got me turned on to oils in the first place – April – sends out emails every week!
- Thanks to a tip from a friend on Facebook, we put “Purification” on our new air filter, and the whole house started to smell amazing!
Celebrate Mother’s Day! – Accomplished!
- We had a wonderful Chinese take-out dinner with my parents. The weather was gorgeous, so we ate on the porch! We also brought leftover cupcakes from Melissa’s graduation party from the night before.
Make at least three new recipes. – Accomplished!
- Baked Crispy Honey Lime Shrimp – Yummy!! This is one of our new favorite recipes.
- One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta – Really good. We had leftovers for a week! I won’t make it super often, since it’s loaded with calories (think 6 cups of milk, three types of cheese, etc.). But, it tasted awesome!
- Pork chops with Smoky Applewood marinade – Amazing!
Help prepare for our 100th blood drive! – Accomplished!
- This was fairly simple – Lots of moral support, and a few editing suggestions.
- We’re raffling off a $100 VISA gift card courtesy of the Red Cross!
- If you’re in the area, come out on Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.!
Figure out a new, effective workout plan. – Accomplished!
- Thanks to bodybuilding.com, I have a new 30-day workout plan in place!
- After just two days at it (yesterday and today), I’m super sore and I struggle to climb the stairs, but I’m sweating more at the gym, and I’m even starting to sleep better!\
- I’m excited to learn some new moves, and re-build some strength!
Read at least three new books. – Semi-Achieved.
- Book #1: Book Review #31: “The Da Vinci Code”
- I finished Book #2 recently, so I’m planning to publish Book Review #32 by the end of this week.
- I’m just a few chapters away from finishing Book #3, so I expect to publish Book Review #33 some time next week!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to six out of 10 goals. Yay!! I feel super productive, and proud of myself!
- The two goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m pleased with my progress with these goals. Looking forward to doing more in June!
- The two goals that I didn’t accomplish: There were multiple circumstances that prevented me/us from achieving these goals.
Did you have any goals for May?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for June!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂