Thanks to a recent conversation via blog comments with Maureen, who writes the fabulous blog Sparkle, she gave me that kick in the pants to finally make a To Be Read (TBR) list of my own!
In addition, this is the perfect segue for me to get back onto Goodreads and hold myself accountable that way, too.
Now, with this post, I’m currently focused on wrapping up my 2016 Reading Challenge first, so that’s why the remaining books from that list are at the top of this list.
Here we go!
Laura Beth’s To Be Read (TBR) List, as of October 2016:
- The Language of Silence, Tiffany Truitt (An awesome sorority sister of mine, and a local author!)
- Black Rabbit Hall, Eve Chase
- Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell
- The Red Tent, Anita Diamant
- The Man in the High Castle, Philip K. Dick
- Tropic of Cancer, Henry Miller
- New Boy, Julian Houston
- The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling
- The Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins
- 11/22/63, Stephen King
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs
- Hollow City, Ransom Riggs
- Library of Souls, Ransom Riggs
- Tales of the Peculiar, Ransom Riggs
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, J.K. Rowling
- Quidditch Through the Ages, J.K. Rowling
- Music in My Heart: My Journey with Melody, Erin Falligant with Denise Lewis Patrick
- The Sky’s the Limit: My Journey with Maryellen, Valerie Tripp
- Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures, Emma Straub
- Modern Lovers, Emma Straub
- In the Unlikely Event, Judy Blume
- You Will Know Me, Megan Abbott
- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
- Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption, Laura Hillenbrand
- Valley of the Dolls, Jacqueline Susann
- The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson
- The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead
- Brown Girl Dreaming, Jacqueline Woodson
- Another Brooklyn, Jacqueline Woodson
- The Art of Memoir, Mary Karr
- Loving Day, Mat Johnson
- American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes, and Trial of Patty Hearst, Jeffrey Toobin
- The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson, Jeffrey Toobin
- The Grid: The Fraying Wires Between Americans and Our Energy Future, Gretchen Bakke
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, J.D. Vance
- A Square Meal: A Culinary History of the Great Depression, Jane Ziegelman and Andy Coe
- Bright Lights, Big City, Jay McInerney
- Bright, Precious Days, Jay McInerney
- Underground Airlines, Ben Winters
- A Good Month for Murder: The Inside Story of a Homicide Squad, Del Quentin Wilber
- American Girl: Ultimate Visual Guide, Erin Falligant, Laurie Calkhoven, Carrie Anton
- Teardrops of the Innocent: The White Diamond Story (True Colors – Volume 1), Allie Marie (Another local author!!)
- Grace and Grit: My Fight for Equal Pay and Fairness at Goodyear and Beyond, Lily Ledbetter
That’s all, for now!
I plan to update this list quarterly. Since this is the last quarter of 2016 (Already!), look for an update to this list in January!
Cheers! Happy reading!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂