Here are my goals for the month of October!
- Prep the house for our first overnight visitor!
- Donate blood!
- Plan our Halloween costumes!
- Decorate the house for fall!
- Clean up the clutter and plan my office space!
- Recap my 44 for Bill Movement participation.
- Celebrate birthdays – Mom’s and Mia’s!
- Read at least two books on my 2016 Reading Challenge list, and publish those book reviews.
- Join the Portsmouth Public Library.
- Read through Megan’s cookbook, and try at least two of her recipes!
- Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals.
- Get ahead with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice assignments.
- Get excited for our wedding anniversary getaway!
Here’s the breakdown:
Prep the house for our first overnight visitor!
- Right now, the plan is for one of our good friends to come visit our house during the weekend of October 14th. I’m so excited!
- As this post goes live, I’m at church volunteering at the blood drive. It’s easy to remember – We host blood drives on the first Saturday of every even-numbered month. This time around, there’s a delicious pancake breakfast that’s made by the local high school’s field hockey team as a fundraiser!
- I’ve struggled with anemia since I was diagnosed in college. I take a daily multivitamin with 100% iron, and I also try to eat a well-balanced diet of iron-rich foods (Red meat, dark leafy greens, whole grains, and a handful of other interesting foods). Usually, since you can give blood every 56 days (eight weeks), I’m able to give a pint and then miss a drive. I was able to give in August, but fingers crossed I can give today!
Plan our Halloween costumes!
- We had this discussion a few days ago in the car. In the past, we’ve dressed as similar characters or part of a team. We’ll keep hashing out ideas!
Decorate the house for fall!
- A local woman paints designs on plastic pumpkins, so I asked for one with a stylized “V” and one with the Green Bay Packers logo. They look amazing, and I can’t wait to put them on the front stoop!
- Pinterest is both a blessing and a curse!
Clean up the clutter and plan my office space!
- This coincides with prepping the house for our first overnight visitor, but I’m itching to clean out the clutter in my future office space and plan it out!
- We have a lot of empty boxes laying around that need to go in the recycling bin.
- Since my parents handle the nut orders for Mom’s PEO chapter every fall, they’ve put us on notice for the sawhorses and plywood in our garage. We want to get it cleaned out, anyway, so one of us can finally put our car in there!
Recap my 44 for Bill Movement participation.
- I’m not quite done with my letters, but you’d better believe there will be a post here when I’m finished!
Celebrate birthdays – Mom’s and Mia’s!
- My mom’s birthday is in the beginning of October, so I’m hoping we’ll celebrate with dinner as a family, and maybe a movie!
- Our future niece, Mia, turns 11 this year. We have a few gifts lined up for her, and we can’t wait to give them to her!
- I also want to get better at sending birthday cards and the like to my relatives. My Aunt Marny’s birthday is at the end of October, and I definitely want to send her a birthday card on time this year!
Read at least two books on my 2016 Reading Challenge list, and publish those book reviews.
- I feel so far behind! I’m about halfway through one of the books now, and I’m motivated to keep that train going.
Join the Portsmouth Public Library.
- Finally! Better late than never. Accomplishing this will definitely help me with the reading challenge!
Read through Megan’s cookbook, and try at least two of her recipes!
- Megan’s cookbook is called The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Paleo Diet Recipes, 450 Variations.
- Neither Al nor I are Paleo, but I’m excited to try some new things!
Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals.
- It’s absolutely happening this month! I saw a few Facebook posts from Kristian about her pen pal, and I want those feelings, too!
Get ahead with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice assignments.
- At this point, we’re almost halfway through the semester. If I can concentrate for 3-4 hours per weekend, I’m confident that I’ll ace my midterm and get ahead with my work. I want to fully enjoy our wedding anniversary getaway in mid-November!
Get excited for our wedding anniversary getaway!
- We’re headed toward the mountains of Virginia in mid-November. I’m getting more excited every day! It’s hard to believe that we’ve been married for almost a full year!
That’s all I have for October!
Thank you, readers, for all your comments and encouragement! You have no idea how much your words mean to me – They keep me going!
Do you have any goals for this month?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂