I can’t believe we’re at the last day of September. This month seemed to fly by!
Here’s the link to my September Goals post:
Here we go!
- Complete my first full 30-day blogging challenge! – Accomplished!
- Enjoy my six-year dating anniversary with Al.- Accomplished!
- See Emily G. before she jets off to London! – Accomplished!
- Keep on track with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice assignments. – Semi-achieved.
- Attend the Chambers Family Reunion.- Accomplished!
- Work on an exciting wedding anniversary surprise for Al! – Accomplished!
- Join the Portsmouth Public Library. – Did not accomplish.
- Play catch-up with my 2016 Reading Challenge. – Semi-achieved.
- Read the September book and attend my first book club meeting with Sarah H. – Did not accomplish.
- Make at least three new recipes. – Did not accomplish.
- Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals. – Did not accomplish.
Here’s the breakdown:
Complete my first full 30-day blogging challenge! – Accomplished!
- I did it! I had a lot of fun with this challenge, overall.
- There were a few days where I almost didn’t post, mainly because I had forgotten to write it up in advance and came home dead tired and didn’t feel like I had any energy to write anything. However, I keep thinking of this goal, and it kept me motivated!
- If you’re curious, here’s the post that started it all: Writing Prompt #7: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 1)
- I’m not planning to do a challenge in October, but I would like to do one in November. I’m thinking every other month from here on out. Suggestions / recommendations are welcome!
Enjoy my six-year dating anniversary with Al! – Accomplished!
- Our dating anniversary fell on a Sunday this year, and it was lovely. We enjoyed a quiet day at home, and then we went out to Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake to the Cinema Cafe. We discovered that on Sundays and Tuesdays, the tickets are only $1.50! Score!!
- We enjoyed seeing Independence Day: Resurgence while we stuffed ourselves with glorious food. We split the spinach artichoke dip. Then, I had the amazing beer-battered shrimp and a hulking amount of popcorn, while Al had the gyro and a salad.
See Emily G. before she jets off to London! – Accomplished!
- Al and I drove up to Williamsburg to meet Emily and three other friends (Her boyfriend, Andrew; Emily’s good friend, Michelle; and Michelle’s husband, Brett) for lunch on Saturday, September 10th. We ate at this great place called Food For Thought. Yummy!
Keep on track with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice assignments. – Semi-achieved.
- I made excellent progress with my Homework Folder this month, but not so much on my Trial Notebook. I’m playing catch-up with that one right now. Hoping to get ahead in October!
Attend the Chambers Family Reunion. – Accomplished!
- This will be explained in a new Adventure Time post, coming to the blog next week!
Work on an exciting wedding anniversary surprise for Al! – Accomplished!
- I can’t say much about this one, but a lot happened, and I’m eagerly awaiting our anniversary getaway!
Join the Portsmouth Public Library. – Did not accomplish.
- Every weekend in September was jam-packed. I didn’t have any time to read much of anything new this month, either. Hopefully, if I get my car back in time tomorrow, I’ll go sign up tomorrow afternoon!
Play catch-up with my 2016 Reading Challenge. – Semi-achieved.
- I barely had time to breathe this month!
- I did make progress with Go Set A Watchman, but I haven’t finished it yet.
Read the September book and attend my first book club meeting with Sarah H. – Did not accomplish.
- The book club moved the meetings to the beginning of every month, and I won’t be able to attend the one in October, since it falls on my mom’s birthday!
- I wasn’t able to pick up a copy of the book, since I haven’t yet joined the library and the price of the book online was a little too steep for me this month.
Make at least three new recipes. – Did not accomplish.
- We stuck to staples this month – Pizza, a few frozen meals, salads, and a few marinated meats. This will come up again in October!
Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals. – Did not accomplish.
- Having hardly any time to breathe, this didn’t happen. However, I’m determined to make it happen in October!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to 5 out of 11. Not bad!
- The two goals that were Semi-Achieved: I’m happy with the progress!
- The four goals that were Not Accomplished: This was frustrating, but there were certain circumstances that made these goals nearly impossible to achieve. I just need to carve more time to read!
Did you have any goals for September?
If so, how did you do?
Come back tomorrow to see my October goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
It looks like you did pretty well! Good job!
Thank you so much, B.! I’m proud of myself.
You should be!
I’m impressed. The stuff that needed doin’ got done.
Thank you so much! I like that!
You did great for having been so busy!
& you must carve out more reading time!! 😉
Thank you so much! And definitely, more reading!
I think that’s my goal every single month. LOL
You definitely deserve to be proud for all you’ve accomplished. I’m proud for you!
Definitely! More reading, less screen time, for sure! Thank you so much for your kind words – I appreciate you!
D’aww!! Ditto, friend! 🙂
You got it!
This is so motivational….you accomplished a lot!
Thank you so much! It feels so good to write them down and then accomplish them.
I really appreciate your reading, and your comments! My readers keep me writing!