Here’s the link to my April Goals post: Getting Personal #202: April Goals
Here are my goals for the month of April:
- Celebrate Dad’s birthday. — Accomplished!
- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2020. — Accomplished!
- Hang photos in my office. — Did not accomplish.
- Re-organize the filing system. — Did not accomplish.
- Clean out the cabinet above the oven. — Did not accomplish.
- Spring clean my closet, top to bottom. — Did not accomplish.
- Drop off thrift store donations. — Accomplished!
- Purchase new glasses. — Accomplished!
- Finish the book I’m reading, and publish the review. — Accomplished!
- Start a new writing prompt series. — Did not accomplish.
- Commit to less screen time, especially in the evenings. — Semi-Achieved.
I accomplished quite a few things this month. I’m very pleased.
We celebrated my dad’s birthday virtually. We called and sang to him. We can’t wait to celebrate in person once the virus risk lessens.
I think Camp NaNoWriMo, April 2020 was a big success, especially with the recent circumstances around COVID-19. Look for a recap post soon!
I’m so happy with the progress I’ve made with my home office. I gathered up several square feet of donations, and Al helped me drop it off at Goodwill. I can sit on the couch for the first time since we moved in our house! Al also helped me hang up some of my sorority memorabilia.
After working from home on a card table for the first two weeks, I was over it. Al found an amazing sit-stand desk on sale through Office Depot, and I took the plunge and bought it. Look for a new installment in my home improvement series, coming soon!
I bought two new pairs of glasses through Zenni Optical. They were shipped this week, so I’m excited to finally have a proper set of glasses with the correct prescription. The glasses I currently have are at least 6-7 years old.
I finished reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and published the Book Review. I started reading two new books, and I’m excited to finish those soon. Reading before bed nearly every night is something I’m committed to. I’m sleeping better, and also feeling better in the mornings.
I’m still working on less screen time in the evenings. I noticed recently that my body is giving me signs, in a way. I find myself naturally putting down my phone and/or iPad about an hour or so before we go to bed. So that’s good! I’ve also noticed a big difference as soon as I was able to set up my laptop in my office. It’s a dedicated space. No more laptop on the couch!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of April?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for May!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂