Sara at The Bibliophagist did another wonderful tag, so I thought I would participate as well!
Here’s the link to Sara’s post:
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My mom calls me LB. My dad calls me Hot Shot. My gym teachers typically called me by my maiden name, Stricker.
The one thing I really don’t like is when people call me “Laura.” I’ve never gone by Laura – Always Laura Beth, or LB. Thankfully, many people are gracious when I lightly correct them, and ask them to call me either of those.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I don’t normally doodle. However, when I do, it’s normally hearts, stars, flowers, or smiley faces.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I toss and turn. Sometimes, I do write in my journal or on scrap paper next to my bed. However, most of the time, my writing is illegible or doesn’t make any sense the next day!
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
Talkative, hands down.
5. What makes you cry?
I don’t cry as much anymore. When my anxiety gets really overwhelming, however, crying is one of the easiest stress relievers for me. I’m also a sap for romantic movies. I’ve shed many tears in theaters with different movies – Most recently, Captain Marvel (No spoilers, though).
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
General rudeness. I totally understand if someone is having a bad day, or they may be overwhelmed, but being nice and apologizing goes a LONG way.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Only when I’m in the bathroom.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I’m sure I’m not alone, but I totally thought Sesame Street and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood were real places I could go and visit someday. I knew Sesame Street was in New York, and I was pretty sure Mister Rogers was in Pittsburgh, back then.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Certain TV shows and movies. That’s about it.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Probably my parents. My mom is already known as “The Card Lady,” where she always remembers everyone’s special days – Birthdays, anniversaries, other milestones – and always send cards in advance. Even random “Thinking of You” cards and emails, too.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I used to read The Virginian-Pilot cover to cover, starting in middle school. Now, Al and I don’t subscribe to it. If anything, we skim a few articles per week from Pilot Online on Facebook.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
I love animals, so I’m not truly scared of any type. I’m not crazy about snakes and poisonous spiders, though.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
Definitely avoid. I really don’t like it. For years, I would tend to run away and hide if there was conflict going on, even at friends’ houses. I’m much less afraid now, but I still dodge it if I can.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
One of my company “customers” recently told my supervisor: “She is my go-to person for questions, is always helpful, and makes my job easier.”
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
“When are you and Al going to have kids?”
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I tried a chicken heart once, at this cool Brazilian steakhouse called Tucano’s.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Thanks to Facebook and WordPress, I have many acquaintances now. And it’s wonderful! In terms of true friends, I can count about 10 total.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
“Awesome!” or “Excellent!”
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
New York City – Specifically Manhattan. It’s where I was born. My parents took me back to Mount Sinai Hospital to visit the doctors and nurses who took care of me in the NICU every single year until I was 16. My high school orchestra played at Carnegie Hall when I was 18. The last time I visited was in December 2010. I’m so excited to take Al for the very first time this fall! I’m long overdue for a visit.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I wouldn’t change it. Laura Beth comes from Laura Bethany Powers, my great-grandmother.
21. When was the last time you lied?
It’s been a long time. Lying is not okay in my book.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
The beauty of this Earth.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Explore a planet!
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
“Our dogs are ridiculous, but they’re ours!”
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
“Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift.
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
Al is a tall, handsome, funny, dedicated husband.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I have no clue.
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
During my college internship, one of the guys thought I looked like Jennifer Carpenter, who played Dexter’s sister, Debra. I’m pretty sure he said it as a form of flattery, because I think he had a crush on me.
30. What do you want me to know?
We’re not going anywhere for July 4th this year. Why? We’ll be binge-watching every single second of Stranger Things Season 3. Check out the kick-ass, brand-new trailer!
Tag – You’re It!
- Kristian at Life Lessons Around The Dinner Table
- Daniel at Page to Page
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I loved your answers!! I’m so behind in tag, but I’m looking forward to this one!! Thank you!
I can definitely relate to your answer to #15! I love kids, but I’m not having any anytime soon.
I love this post! Indeed unique questions.
Thank you! I thought so, too.
“I’ve shed many tears in theaters with different movies – Most recently, Captain Marvel”
I have one thing to say: FLURKEN!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Pingback: 30 Interesting Questions | Life Lessons From Around the Dinner Table
Thanks for participating!