February just zoomed by!
Here’s the link to my February Goals post:
Here we go!
- Order my new glasses. — Did not accomplish.
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Finally finish the first draft of my 2012 WIP! — Did not accomplish.
- Make journaling a daily habit / practice. — Accomplished!
- Create my own media kit. — Did not accomplish.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Al. — Accomplished!
- Take unused / unwanted clothes to Clothes Mentor. — Did not accomplish.
- Write more Commentary posts. — Semi-Achieved.
- Celebrate Drew’s 30th birthday! — Accomplished!
- Take unwanted / duplicate American Girl items to Once Upon A Child. — Did not accomplish.
Here’s the breakdown:
Order my new glasses. — Did not accomplish.
- As much as I wanted to do this, I didn’t have the funds to make it happen this month.
Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Yay! I got by with the skin of my teeth with my iron, but I did it. It was also my 50th donation! I started donating blood in 2005 after I turned 17. The minimum age now is 16, with parent permission.
Finally finish the first draft of my 2012 WIP! — Did not accomplish.
- I didn’t touch it at all!
Make journaling a daily habit / practice. — Accomplished!
- I don’t have a photo on hand, but I bought a super pretty journal at Target and worked hard to write in it every day. I’ve already noticed a huge difference in my anxiety levels!
Create my own media kit. — Did not accomplish.
- I didn’t make time for this at all.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Al. — Accomplished!
- Since Valentine’s Day fell on a Thursday this year, we kept it simple. I ordered steaks and all the fixings from Texas Roadhouse online, and I picked it up on the way home. We enjoyed it immensely.
Take unused / unwanted clothes to Clothes Mentor. — Did not accomplish.
- My goal is to do this in March. My pile is overflowing!
Write more Commentary posts. — Semi-Achieved.
- I wrote one: Commentary #83
Celebrate Drew’s 30th birthday! — Accomplished!
- We drove up to Richmond on Saturday, February 16th, to celebrate at Carini’s Italian restaurant. More than 20 people were there! Most importantly, Drew had a wonderful time, and made a heartfelt speech to everyone. We enjoyed the pizza, cake, and catching up with everyone. It felt like a mini-college reunion!
Take unwanted / duplicate American Girl items to Once Upon A Child. — Did not accomplish.
- I want to divide my stash between my local Once Upon A Child and Girl AGain in White Plains, New York.
- I was able to put Accomplished next to four out of 10 goals!
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: I was a busy blogger this month! Just not with that type of post, haha.
- The five goals I did not accomplish: Most of this was related to time, and partially money.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of February?
Come back tomorrow to see my March Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
What is a media kit?
A media kit is creating a profile on a site like Canva, to grow your audience and create a professional portfolio. I think?
Oh awesome! I hope you get to it then!!
Way to go donating blood! I’ve always wanted to do that, but have been declined due to my iron. Apparently they don’t want my blood. Sad, I know, but at least I’ve tried! 🙂 Great goals here, Laura Beth!
Thank you! Anemia is a struggle for many. I take a liquid iron supplement along with my diet and multivitamin. For me, I usually donate, need 16 weeks to recover, and then I can donate again. It’s strange! Good for you for trying! Hopefully you can give again soon.
Hopefully! I’ll definitly keep trying 🙂
I need new glasses too.. but needs over wants… sometimes wants win… often lol