Welcome back! I haven’t posted any new Writing Adventures posts for several months, but I’m excited to get back to it now.
Here are the links to my previous posts:
I’m very excited to be *this close* to finishing my first draft of my 2012 Work in Progress (WIP). I set a goal earlier this year to finish the first draft before December 31, 2018. I’ve mentioned before that my best friend, Melissa, has offered to edit the first draft for me. But, I have to finish it first!
Reading the last two Writing Adventures posts made me so proud of myself. I’ve made so much progress on this piece just this year!
In June, right before the second Camp NaNoWriMo session of 2018, here were my observations about “Experiences From Camp”:
- I started this during NaNoWriMo 2012, which was my first-ever NaNoWriMo. I wrote around 10,000 words by the end of that month.
- In March, I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo for the very first time, thanks to Madi’s encouragement.
- During Camp NaNoWriMo April 2018, I exceeded my goal and won Camp! My goal was 20,000 new words. On April 30th, I surpassed my goal with approximately 20,256 new words! Yippee!
- June 2018 monthly goal: Write 1,000 new words.
- Sign up for Camp NaNoWriMo July 2018 before the end of the month.
- Set my Camp NaNoWriMo goal before the end of the month.
- Current word count: 34,130 words.
In August, I posted my Camp NaNoWriMo July 2018 recap.
- Before Camp started, my word count was 34,719 words.
- In 31 days, I added 11,916 words.
- I was so excited to add almost 12,000 new words!
Now, as of today, December 8th, here’s where I stand.
- Current word count: 46,646 words.
- Countdown to 50,000 words: 3,354 words.
I feel so confident that I will reach 50,000 words, or more, before the end of the month. I can feel it!
In fact, I think I’ll end this post now, so I can get back to it!
What about you? Are you writing anything special?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂