Hello, September! I’m so excited for cooler weather!
Every year, I can’t help but think of the famous Earth, Wind & Fire song, September! I always dance around when I hear it.
Here are my goals for the month of September:
- Celebrate eight years together with Al!
- Welcome our greyhound home!
- Write at least 1,000 words for my WIP.
- Read at least two books.
- Finalize our New York trip plans.
- Buy a new crock-pot.
Here’s the breakdown:
Celebrate eight years together with Al!
- Our dating anniversary is September 4th. Hard to believe it’s been eight years!
Welcome our greyhound home!
- We are expecting to get the call either September 9th or 10th. So exciting!
Write at least 1,000 words for my WIP.
- Breaking it down into smaller chunks seems more manageable.
Read at least two books.
- I’m about four chapters into one that I’ve been working on since the beginning of July. It’s high time I finish it.
- I bought three new books with one of my birthday gift cards. I really want to read at least one of those (if not more), before I allow myself to spend the other birthday gift card from my parents.
Finalize our New York trip plans.
- We’re visiting the Big Apple in November!
Buy a new crock-pot.
- I discovered a huge crack in our crock-pot insert recently, so we need to buy another one.
Do you have any goals for the month of September?
If so, I’d love to hear about them!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
“Do you remembah, the 21st night of Stptembah?” I LOVE it!! It always makes me dance too! 🙂
I hope you reach all of your goals! Neil and I are currently looking into getting a puppy! She’s a corgi/beagle mix!! 🙂
I’m jealous of your New York trip!! I REALLY want to go!! I hope you have lots of fun! I’ve always wanted to go at Christmas time.
Oh no! I mourn the loss of your crock pot. I really ought to make use of the one I have; I’m sure you make some delicious healthy stuff in yours!
Do remember me on your NYC trip! Please feel free to email me (if you need my email address, let me know!) if you still have an inkling to meeting up. 🙂
Thank you! I’m going to call Cuisinart first and see if they can offer us a replacement crock at a discount.
I hope we can meet up – That would be fun!
How old was your crock pot?
Ditto! I’d love to do something fun in the city with you & your hubby. 😄
It’s only two and a half years old. We received it as a wedding gift
Aww! It sucks that it stopped working right around your anniversary too!!
Yes. However, I received a very generous gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond for my birthday. So, we bought a bigger Crock-Pot (Eight quarts versus six), and I only paid $13 for it!
That’s amazing! Perfect timing on the gift card, huh?
I really need to use the 3 in 1 cooker I bought – it makes rice, you can brown meat, it’s a slow cooker, &, I think, a pressure cooker. Pretty nifty lil gadget; too bad I can’t cook! 😄
Exactly. Ooh, I like yours! I’m a little intimidated by a pressure cooker, though.
Yeah, I think we’ve all heard the horror stories. But, since this is a 3-in-1, it’s less intimidating, in my opinion. It doesn’t have the same configuration. I really need to try it out!
I’m excited to hear about your endeavors!
I’ll try to remember to update you, should I make any endeavors, but I wouldn’t hold your breath for them to come any time soon! 😄
Pingback: Getting Personal #141: September Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines