August felt like a really long month, but maybe that’s just me. It was really hot, humid, and made me ready for the fall!
Here’s the link to my August Goals post:
Here we go!
- Make progress with cleaning the garage. — Accomplished!
- See Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. — Accomplished!
- Celebrate my milestone birthday! — Accomplished!
- Start preparing for our greyhound’s arrival. — Accomplished!
- See Christopher Robin. — Accomplished!
- Get to 50,000 words with my 2012 WIP. — Did not accomplish.
- Participate in Laura Beth and Kristian’s Blockbuster Challenge! — Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Make progress with cleaning the garage. — Accomplished!
- We only spent a little bit of time on one Saturday, but it looks a little cleaner, and I was able to make two thrift store runs. Yay!
See Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. — Accomplished!
- I went to see it with my mom and our good friend Kathy on my birthday.
- It was a decent movie – I loved the music, and the scenery is just gorgeous!
Celebrate my milestone birthday! — Accomplished!
- It was such a whirlwind weekend!
- My in-laws came to visit, and we spent time with Nick and Savy at their house with their new puppy, Xeno.
- My mom and dad bought flowers for the church altar, which were beautiful.
- My mom made the best homemade dinner for a host of people, including beef tenderloin, my uncle’s awesome Caesar salad, roasted vegetables, and more! Plus, there was ice cream cake!
- Al scored free tickets to the Norfolk Tides game that was on my birthday, so we enjoyed stadium food while cheering on the home team.
- Many people gave me thoughtful gifts, also.
- It was an awesome long weekend! It was really hard to go back to work on that Wednesday, though.
Start preparing for our greyhound’s arrival. — Accomplished!
- So far, we have two dog beds, multiple toys, a comfy fleece blanket, a bright orange leash, and a Star Wars collar.
- We are supposed to get him either September 9th or 10th!
See Christopher Robin. — Accomplished!
- We saw this with our friends Beth and Casey. We ate a delicious dinner at Gianna’s, an awesome Italian restaurant down the way from the movie theater.
- If you haven’t seen this movie, I highly recommend it. It’s sweet, fun, nostalgic, and a nice respite from all the doom and gloom in the world.
Get to 50,000 words with my 2012 WIP. — Did not accomplish.
- After working so hard in July, I wanted to make more progress. But, I didn’t make any time to write. I’m finding myself having a hard time trying to finish it. I’m sure I’m not alone!
Participate in Laura Beth and Kristian’s Blockbuster Challenge! — Accomplished!
- I had so much fun with this daily writing challenge. We both love movies, and it’s been awesome to see everyone’s comments. Great idea, Kristian!
- You can see them all, starting with Writing Prompt #120: LB and K’s Blockbuster Challenge – Day 1
- I was able to put Accomplished next to six out of seven goals – Woohoo! Productivity at its finest.
- The one goal I did not accomplish: Ending things are hard! Especially something I’ve worked on, off and on, for the better part of six years.
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of August?
Come back tomorrow to see my September Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Thanks for the update. It’s encouraging to know someone is progressing towards goals, celebrating accomplishments, and being honest about what’s still left undone. Whenever I cross something off my to-do list, I kinda want it to stay there….as a reminder that I got it done. Anybody with me on this?
P.S. Is the greyhound a rescue….like a former racing dog?
And, yes, the greyhound is a retired racing dog. We are very excited!
Awesome!! Yo go, girl!!
I definitely need to write (and then feel forced to follow through on) my own goals list. However, I am such a bad procrastinator that I can’t even make the list.
I’m not great with procrastination, either. I need to write my September Goals Recap before bedtime tonight!