I was tagged by Daniel, who writes at Page to Page.
Here’s the link to the post where I was tagged:
How long have you been blogging?
- According to WordPress, eight years. For Hot Shot Headlines specifically, I started it in 2014.
At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?
- Probably never.
What is the best thing about blogging?
- Being able to write freely, and publish my own work.
What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
- It’s not really the worst thing, but sometimes I struggle with keeping up with all of the tags and awards that amazing people have nominated me for or to do. I work through all of them, one by one!
How long does it take you to find make/find pictures to use?
- It depends. I use a lot of Google Images.
Who is your book crush?
- Oh, wow. Ummm …. Probably Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby.
What author would you like to have on your blog?
- Any of the following: J.K. Rowling, Laurie Halse Anderson, Nicholas Sparks, John Grisham, Ann M. Martin.
What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
How long does it take you to prepare?
- It varies. I like to have at least 3-4 posts ready to publish during one week.
How do you feel about the book blogging community?
- I’ve met some of the most wonderful people through book blogs! Everyone is so supportive, and it’s amazing to me that so many people, around the world, love to read books and write about books.
What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
- Write from your heart.
- Use tags – It helps bring your work to a bigger audience!
- Engage with other bloggers – Like posts, comment when you feel led, and support blogs that you love. It’s a wonderful community.
Tag – You’re It!
- I’m not tagging anyone in particular. But, if you feel led, I would love it if you participated!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Great answers !! Thanks for doing the tag!
Thank you! I enjoyed it!
LMFAO! “Clothes” – best answer out of them all! I feel you with the tags and even just trying to keep up with everything…it’s really hard when you’re interested in everything everyone has to say but you only have so much time. I’m glad you plan to blog forever! I have a feeling I will keep blogging as well…until I literally have no reason not to, which I can’t think of any.
It’s so hard! Right now, I’m combing through my comments, because I know I’ve been tagged or nominated in 2-3 more things in the last two weeks. I agree with you – Blogging forever!
I just did this thing where I went through and:
1. Cleaned out people who don’t blog anymore
2. Only email subscribed to a certain number of people that I REALLY follow and anticipate their posts (you is one of them!).
3. Did this feature in the “manage followers” where certain bloggers’ posts will pop up in my notifications (you is one of them here too!).
I felt bad not including everyone, but that doesn’t mean I won’t continue to browse everyone’s posts. It just helps me find certain posts quicker from bloggers I’ve been following and have a closer connection with since the gecko.
I also started emailing myself all the tags I have left to do and I update that email everytime I finish one. I’m like the biggest organizational freak…but it helps with the anxiety ha-ha!
Good luck with the tags! That’s partially my bad…I always giggle at your answers or just enjoy them so I tend to tag you A LOT! ❤
Great ideas! I need to do a similar exercise again – Getting a ton of emails from WordPress every day is not helpful, nor productive!
No worries about tagging me – I love it!
It’s already really helped! I might get rid of the email newsletters but I LOVE the WordPress notifications. It directs me straight to the new posts and it’s so easy to catch up on!
I followed your advice, and I feel so much better now! I’d forgotten about how many blogs I followed, and many of them hadn’t posted for several months. I love the notifications, too!
Aren’t they great?!?! I didn’t realize how many posts I was missing from certain bloggers!! And this way I can still use the reader on slower days but I have access to the blogs I follow more closer quicker!
I love your answer to what you wear when you blog! Clothes!
Pingback: TAG: MY BLOG’S NAME IN BOOKS – ❤ Bibi's Book Blog ❤