Hello, May! It’s nice to see you! Everything is in bloom, the beautiful spring colors are back, it’s riding in the car with the windows down weather!!
Here are my goals for the month of May:
- Drastically curb my spending habits.
- See Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Finish prepping the Lady Lounge for the new standing desk.
- Schedule the replacement of our ductwork and HVAC system.
- Finish the book I’m currently reading, plus write the Book Review.
- Work on a goals list with Al for the remainder of 2018.
- Update the Household Bills spreadsheet.
- Visit the farm!
- Prepare for P.E.O. State Convention.
- See the Virginia Symphony Orchestra perform the music to Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets live.
- Publish my first “Down The TBR Hole” post.
- Continue progress on my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
Here’s the breakdown:
Drastically curb my spending habits.
- Maybe, just maybe, if I write everything down here on the blog, I can actually make this work.
- My pledge, to myself, is to spend as little money as I possibly can during the month of May.
- This means doing everything I can to: (a) not buy any more new clothes [both for Laura Beth, and Laura Beth’s American Girl dolls], and, (b) not eat out as much for my lunches.
See Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- This movie looks really good. We’re looking forward to seeing it at the end of the month!
Finish prepping the Lady Lounge for the new standing desk.
- I just need to: (a) clear out the remaining boxes, (b) sell off my box of American Girl items that are duplicates or things I don’t need anymore, and (c) give the room a good deep clean.
- We may not necessarily buy the standing desk this month, but the room will be ready for it.
Schedule the replacement of our ductwork and HVAC system.
- This is one of the big home improvement projects that’s been hanging over our heads for a while. After we suffered for nearly two weeks last summer without A/C, it’s time to suck it up and get everything replaced.
Finish the book I’m currently reading, plus write the Book Review.
- I’m motivated to break out of my reading slump!
Work on a goals list with Al for the remainder of 2018.
- This is something that Al mentioned recently, and we just need to sit down and do it. The plan is to make a “map” for the rest of the year, and plot out what goals we want to accomplish every month, whether it be something for the house, traveling, and so on. I have a good feeling about this!
Update the Household Bills spreadsheet.
- I’ve fallen behind again. I’m determined to get caught up, and stay that way!
Visit the farm!
- We’re excited to head to the Vardaro Farm again this month!
- Look for an Adventure Time post after the trip.
Prepare for P.E.O. State Convention.
- I’m headed to P.E.O. State Convention again! This time, it’s in Blacksburg, Virginia, near Virginia Tech!
See the Virginia Symphony Orchestra perform the music to Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets live.
- My parents weren’t able to use these tickets, so they gave Al and I first dibs.
- We didn’t have the heart to drop $100+ on tickets when the symphony performed the music to Harry Potter and The Sorceror’s Stone back in November, so my parents’ loss is our definite gain.
Publish my first “Down The TBR Hole” post.
- A friend of mine commented on how long my TBR had gotten when I published the latest recap in April. It’s gotten out of control!
- So, inspired by my friend Destiny at Howling Libraries, I plan to take a virtual chainsaw to my list, and definitely clean it up!
- Here’s an example of one of Destiny’s posts: Down the TBR Hole #27
- My post will probably be a little different than hers, but I’m excited to do this!
Continue progress on my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I made AMAZING progress on the novel during Camp NaNoWriMo during the month of April!
- So, I’m not setting a specific goal here, but I want to keep writing, as consistently as possible.
- I’m definitely signing up for Camp NaNoWriMo again in July – I can’t wait!!
Do you have any goals for the month of May?
If so, I’d love to hear about them! Comment below!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂