Thrice Read came up with an intriguing tag post!
Here’s the link to their post:
What is the Listicle Tag?
Listicle means a piece of writing or other content presented wholly or partly in the form of a list.
In this case, it’s a prompt for a particular top five related to books.
- Create your own listicle tag, using the prompt from the person who tagged you.
- Tag the creator of the post (not-so-modern-girl!) so that she can read all your brilliant posts and see how the joy of listicles is being spread.
- Nominate as many people as you want!
- Set those five people the subject/prompt of their listicle post!
The prompt I was given: Top Five Favorite Fantasy Novels
Laura Beth’s Top Five Favorite Fantasy Novels (in no particular order)
- A Wrinkle In Time, Madeline L’Engle
- Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
- The Green Mile, Stephen King
- The Princess Bride, William Goldman
I have a much greater appreciation for Madeline L’Engle now – I want to read all of her books!
At this point, most people know my love for / obsession with Harry Potter! I love re-reading them every so often. It’s a great kick of nostalgia. And the movies are awesome, too. Can’t wait to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie!
I don’t talk about C.S. Lewis very often, but I loved all his works. Like L’Engle, I’ve gained a greater appreciation for him over the last several years. And the movies based on some of his books are well done, at least in my opinion. If you haven’t checked them out, I recommend doing both.
Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. I want to watch the The Green Mile movie adaptation again soon – Tom Hanks and Michael Clarke Duncan. What a combo!
The Princess Bride is best known for the movie adaptation, but the book is really good, too.
Tag – You’re It!
Your listicle prompt: Top Five Favorite Books Published in the 21st Century
This was so fun, and challenging! I need to read more fantasy, apparently. It was hard to come up with five!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂