Hello, March! It’s lovely to see you arrive. I’ve started to see the daffodils bloom, and buds on the trees!
Here are my goals for the month of March:
- Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend.
- See A Wrinkle In Time.
- See Ready Player One.
- Attend a meet-and-greet with Old Dominion Greyhound Adoption.
- Update the Household Bills spreadsheet by the end of the month.
- Prepare for my P.E.O. officer transition.
- Make chocolate mousse for the office.
- Make at least one thrift store donation run.
- Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
Here’s the breakdown:
Work at least one hour on my Lady Lounge every weekend.
- As I mentioned in my February Goals Recap, I simply didn’t have the time or make the time last month. I’m determined to make some sort of progress now!
See A Wrinkle In Time.
- This comes out early in the month. I’ve read the book several times. The cast and cinematography look AMAZING!
See Ready Player One.
- This movie’s trailer intrigued me from the beginning. Al is reading the book that the movie is based on now, but I’m excited to see it. Plus, it’s Spielberg!
Attend a meet-and-greet with Old Dominion Greyhound Adoption.
- We are looking forward to this! Al has done a ton of research over the last several months, and we’ve determined that a greyhound is likely the best breed for our house and current working situations, etc. It’s exciting to think about!
- This is the first big step in a lengthy process, but we’re excited that we found this local place that specializes in greyhounds!
Update the Household Bills spreadsheet by the end of the month.
- When Al and I bought our house, I started an Excel spreadsheet which is a space where we can log and track all of our expenses and discretionary spending.
- I did a massive update at the end of February, and we’re finally caught up after getting buried in receipts.
- My goal is to make this a monthly priority!
Prepare for my P.E.O. officer transition.
- I have been nominated to be my P.E.O. chapter’s next Treasurer. This is a completely new role for me, but I’m excited to have been nominated.
- If elected, I will be making my transition from Recording Secretary to Treasurer soon.
- It’s a great opportunity, and a resume booster, too.
Make chocolate mousse for the office.
- Now that Chris has completed the Disney Marathon, it’s time to celebrate!
Make at least one thrift store donation run.
- Al cleaned out his closet, and filled two big trash bags full of clothes to donate. Yay!
- I also have a few clothing items, books, and DVDs to give away. I may give some of the books and DVDs to the local library.
Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I’ve been feeling the itch to start writing / working on this again. I’m hoping to write at least 500 more words this month, if not more!
Do you have any goals for the month of March? I’d love to hear about them!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Wow girl – these are awesome goals you have set up here, I’m super inspired. Good luck on all of them!
I used to set my own monthly goals too but I never seem to follow through so I just gave up and now just take the month as it comes. 🙂
Thanks! I’m happy that I provide inspiration. What a sweet comment and compliment! I appreciate you reading, and commenting!
An ambitious list. I like that you have work on your list, but you included play as well. I need to do this. I get totally lost in household chores, work, and my blog and I need to attend to my own manuscript.
Best of luck. Have a great day.
Thank you! A good work-life balance is something that I’ve been chasing / trying to master for years. Good luck with your manuscript! I appreciate your reading, and commenting! I hope you have a great day, too.
Hey Laura Beth, congrats on that Treasurer nomination! Also, I’m excited about the Ready Player One movie too. I actually have never read A Wrinkle in Time but I’m looking up the trailer now in case it makes me want to read the book lol that happens a lot.
Thank you! The Wrinkle In Time trailer is awesome, in my opinion. I definitely want to re-read the book. My husband’s more excited for Ready Player One, but I’m all about some 1980s nostalgia!
Pingback: Getting Personal #112: March Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines