Happy New Year, everyone! It’s the first day of 2018. I’m looking forward to a wonderful year ahead!
To you, my readers, I wish that this year brings more peace, harmony, health, happiness, and joy to your lives! I’m so grateful that many of you, all around the world, continue to follow my blog and support my writing! Thank you!
Here are my goals for the month of January:
- See The Post.
- Attend the Annual Riverside Service Awards Dinner.
- Dust the house more often.
- Get better at weekly meal prep.
- Commit to regular journaling.
- Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- Read at least three books.
- Put away the laundry as soon as it’s clean and dry.
- Celebrate Al’s birthday!
- Update my TBR.
- Announce my new blogging challenge for 2018.
Here’s the breakdown:
See The Post.
- Al and I have been looking forward to this movie for a while now. Some of you may have guessed that I’m a sucker for movies involving journalism, so I’m excited to see Spielberg’s adaptation of the journalists publishing the Pentagon Papers. Plus, I can’t pass up a movie that stars Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.
Attend the Annual Riverside Service Awards Dinner.
- In honor of my five-year anniversary with Riverside Health System, I have been invited, along with a guest, to attend their Annual Service Awards Dinner this month. Al and I are excited to have dinner at the Virginia Air & Space Center in Hampton!
Dust the house more often.
- We’ve been plagued with sinus issues and allergy symptoms since the weather turned cold. I figure dusting and vacuuming the house a bit more regularly may help a bit.
Get better at weekly meal prep.
- Al recently tagged me in this video from Tasty: Meal-Prep Chicken 5 Ways.
- Our plan is to use Sundays to get everything ready for the following week.
Commit to regular journaling.
- I’ve received several really nice hard-bound journals as gifts. It’s about time that I start using them!
- My initial goal is to start with this 100 Writing Topics post – One topic at a time – and see where that takes me this month!
Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I’m not setting a specific word count goal this month, since I want to get back into the swing of things after being on hiatus for a while.
Read at least three books.
- I just rearranged my stack on my nightstand to include the books that Al gave me for Christmas. Get ready for more Book Reviews, coming soon!
Put away the laundry as soon as it’s clean and dry.
- After spending well over an hour tonight emptying three full laundry baskets between the two of us, it’s nice to reclaim some space in our bedroom. I want to be more efficient!
Celebrate Al’s birthday!
- Al’s birthday is toward the end of the month. I’m excited to make him his favorites: Surf and turf, plus cookie cake! Yum!
Update my TBR.
- The newest quarterly update is coming to the blog very soon!
Announce my new blogging challenge for 2018.
- Look for this announcement before this week is over!
Do you have any goals for the month of January?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂