Happy New Year, everyone! It’s the first day of 2018. I’m looking forward to a wonderful year ahead!
To you, my readers, I wish that this year brings more peace, harmony, health, happiness, and joy to your lives! I’m so grateful that many of you, all around the world, continue to follow my blog and support my writing! Thank you!
Here are my goals for the month of January:
- See The Post.
- Attend the Annual Riverside Service Awards Dinner.
- Dust the house more often.
- Get better at weekly meal prep.
- Commit to regular journaling.
- Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- Read at least three books.
- Put away the laundry as soon as it’s clean and dry.
- Celebrate Al’s birthday!
- Update my TBR.
- Announce my new blogging challenge for 2018.
Here’s the breakdown:
See The Post.
- Al and I have been looking forward to this movie for a while now. Some of you may have guessed that I’m a sucker for movies involving journalism, so I’m excited to see Spielberg’s adaptation of the journalists publishing the Pentagon Papers. Plus, I can’t pass up a movie that stars Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.
Attend the Annual Riverside Service Awards Dinner.
- In honor of my five-year anniversary with Riverside Health System, I have been invited, along with a guest, to attend their Annual Service Awards Dinner this month. Al and I are excited to have dinner at the Virginia Air & Space Center in Hampton!
Dust the house more often.
- We’ve been plagued with sinus issues and allergy symptoms since the weather turned cold. I figure dusting and vacuuming the house a bit more regularly may help a bit.
Get better at weekly meal prep.
- Al recently tagged me in this video from Tasty: Meal-Prep Chicken 5 Ways.
- Our plan is to use Sundays to get everything ready for the following week.
Commit to regular journaling.
- I’ve received several really nice hard-bound journals as gifts. It’s about time that I start using them!
- My initial goal is to start with this 100 Writing Topics post – One topic at a time – and see where that takes me this month!
Continue to make progress with my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I’m not setting a specific word count goal this month, since I want to get back into the swing of things after being on hiatus for a while.
Read at least three books.
- I just rearranged my stack on my nightstand to include the books that Al gave me for Christmas. Get ready for more Book Reviews, coming soon!
Put away the laundry as soon as it’s clean and dry.
- After spending well over an hour tonight emptying three full laundry baskets between the two of us, it’s nice to reclaim some space in our bedroom. I want to be more efficient!
Celebrate Al’s birthday!
- Al’s birthday is toward the end of the month. I’m excited to make him his favorites: Surf and turf, plus cookie cake! Yum!
Update my TBR.
- The newest quarterly update is coming to the blog very soon!
Announce my new blogging challenge for 2018.
- Look for this announcement before this week is over!
Do you have any goals for the month of January?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Happy new year!
Happy New Year!
I love the journal-ing & the writing topics idea (even if that particular collection of topics isn’t my cup of tea, mostly because I already have some bookmarked. Somewhere. LOL).
I may have to steal those to buoy my own resolution – to post more often. 😉
May you have all the luck in the world with these goals & your goals for the future. *Internet hugs!*
I like your goal! Best of luck to you as well in this New Year. Thank you for being such an awesome regular commenter and supporter as well. Hugs!
Thank you! I have the same high regard for you in those ways as well. You’re a fantastic person & I hope to have the good fortune to meet you in person one day. 🙂
You’re welcome. You’re so kind. I hope we can meet in the flesh also, one day 🙂 That’s another excellent goal.
Agreed! We can wander around NYC together should you come (& want to, of course). I live nearby, but there’s so much I haven’t yet seen!
Just don’t ask me to be a tour guide. We’ll get hopelessly lost. 🙂
I too really want to see The Post. Can’t refuse something directed by Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.
It was excellent – It’s now one of my favorite historical dramas.
That’s some high praise indeed, Laura Beth.
Pingback: Getting Personal #101: January Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines