September is the kick-off to several months of excitement. To name a few: A crazy awesome bachelorette weekend, an epic wedding, celebrating birthdays, and more!
Here are my goals for the month of September:
- Celebrate seven years together with Al!
- Enjoy Savy’s bachelorette weekend!
- Make / purchase several photo canvases.
- Make a series of home improvement blog posts.
- Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours.
- Inventory my entire personal library.
- Make and start using homemade deodorant.
- Start using my Savvy Minerals makeup.
Here’s the breakdown:
Celebrate seven years together with Al!
- This one is probably the easiest! We will celebrate our “dating anniversary” on September 4th! I can’t believe it’s been seven years!
Enjoy Savy’s bachelorette weekend!
- I’m so excited to get away for a weekend to celebrate Savy!
- This will also be my first-ever airbnb experience!
- I have new hiking boots, hiking pants, and workout-style shirts ready to be used!
- I’m also excited to make breakfast for everyone on that Saturday morning – French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs! With coffee and orange juice, of course.
Make / purchase several photo canvases.
- Our living room walls are sadly bare!
- I want to have more documentation of our engagement session, and our wedding!
Make a series of home improvement blog posts.
- Be prepared for many Before & After photos!
Write at least 300 new words for my 2012 NaNoWriMo attempt.
- I’m absolutely determined to surpass the 11,000 word mark this month!
Move my bookcase from my parents’ house to ours.
- Hopefully, the weather will actually cooperate this month!
Inventory my entire personal library.
- This coincides with moving my bookcase. I’m excited to go through everything!
Make and start using homemade deodorant.
- I knew most traditional deodorants and antiperspirants contained chemicals, but I’m definitely ready to make the switch now.
- The recipe I just learned has baking soda, arrowroot powder, organic coconut oil, Purification essential oil, and Lavender essential oil.
Start using my Savvy Minerals makeup.
- I’m beyond ready to clean out my makeup bag!
- There are so many awful chemicals in makeup. Ugh, it makes me cringe. I don’t even want to wear any of it.
- With Savvy Minerals, their new makeup line is non-toxic, and never tested on animals. Yay!
Do you have any goals for the month of September?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
Congrats on seven years! These all sound like exciting changes. I hadn’t really been aware of the chemicals in deodorants & make-up before. I’m hoping to start some English courses at college, & go sober in preparation for Macmillian’s Go Sober October fundraising. I’m also hoping to clear out some of my many books, but I can’t see that happening!
Thank you so much! Time flies when you’re having fun. Good luck with your English classes, and going sober! My brother-in-law and future sister-in-law do that every year in February. Bibliophiles for the win!
I understand where you’re coming from when it comes to the deodorant! We talked about the (primary) chemical in my fibromyalgia support group a while back.
I tried to switch to an all-natural brand, but it didn’t work for me since I perspire so much. Unfortunately, that main chemical is the antiperspirant benefit.
Please let me know if you have any luck with your combination! It sounds like the baking soda might help. 🙂
Good stuff! I know how you feel, in a way. Sweating is no fun. I plan to do a whole blog post about it!
I can’t wait! 🙂
Pingback: Getting Personal #87: September Goals Recap – Hot Shot Headlines