This post is several days later than normal – I’m sorry if I disappointed some of you when this post didn’t show up on May 1st.
The last couple of weeks have been challenging, in a word. My work department lost a great team member to a bigger and better opportunity, and his very sudden departure has been upsetting and tumultuous. We’re picking up the pieces now, but I haven’t had a lot of energy to write recently, especially after long days at work. I hope all of you understand. Thank you for continuing to read, like, and comment. I really appreciate it!
Here are my goals for May:
- Celebrate Melissa’s graduation from William & Mary!
- Attend Tidewater Comicon.
- Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation!
- Attend PEO Virginia State Convention.
- Research more uses for essential oils.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day!
- Make at least three new recipes.
- Help prepare for our 100th blood drive!
- Figure out a new, effective workout plan.
- Read at least three new books.
Here’s the breakdown:
Celebrate Melissa’s graduation from William & Mary!
- My best friend is earning her PhD! In physics!
- I’m beyond proud of her!
- We can’t wait to celebrate with her mom, friends, and family at her mom’s gorgeous house!
Attend Tidewater Comicon.
- We’re excited to attend this year!
- We missed 2016 entirely, so we’re looking forward to seeing what’s happening.
Visit TCC to review my transcripts, make sure everything is straight, and apply for graduation!
- I’ve made an official appointment for May 18th!
Attend PEO Virginia State Convention.
- This is not my first Convention, but the first for me in several years.
- I’m excited to be carpooling with Cindy, a new transfer from Florida!
- Between my chapter and Mom’s chapter, we are celebrating multiple “Golden Girls” – Sisters who have been in PEO for 50 years!
Research more uses for essential oils.
- I want to explore more uses for the oils that I have.
- I’m currently diffusing “Peace and Calming!”
- I want to especially look at more cooking options with them.
Celebrate Mother’s Day!
- We’re planning to take my mom out to dinner!
Make at least three new recipes.
- I want to dive back into Megan’s cookbook!
- There are so many recipes on Facebook – I know I can attempt at least a few of them!
Help prepare for our 100th blood drive!
- We are just weeks away from our 100th blood drive. Wow!
- I want to work with my parents, and other members of the blood drive team, to make this one the best!
Figure out a new, effective workout plan.
- I got stuck in a cardio rut for a while.
- I enjoyed the structure that bodybuilding.com offered for a while, so I want to find something like that again.
Read at least three books.
- I’m currently deep into this new book I bought when we were visiting Al’s parents.
- I want to continue the Robert Langdon saga.
- There’s a few books in my Lady Lounge begging for attention!
Do you have any goals for the month of May?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂