Wow, welcome to February 2017!
Here are my goals for February:
- Begin my journal adventure.
- Finish my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- Donate blood.
- Celebrate our 6,000th donated pint at our blood drive on February 4th.
- Finally see Hidden Figures!
- Buy a desk.
- Buy a shelving system for my dolls!
- Move my huge bookcase, books, and dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house.
- Make at least three new recipes!
- Successfully co-host the PEO meeting on February 13th.
Here’s the breakdown:
Begin my journaling adventure.
- I’m determined to do this!
- I’m not setting a goal of an entry every night, but I want to get pretty close to that.
Finish my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor.
- I’m doing it. I want to set aside at least 15 minutes for three nights a week. If I feel motivated to do more than that, I will!
- My plan is to work toward the 50,000 word count. I have a ways to go, but I want to finish it, once and for all. This one has dominated my thoughts since Christmas.
- I’m excited to share my progress!
- Our next blood drive is on Saturday. I hope to have a high enough iron level!
Celebrate our 6,000th donated pint at our blood drive on February 4th.
- We are just 46 pints away from number 6,000!
- This is so exciting. We have a big celebration planned!
- Doing the math – That will be 750 gallons donated!
Finally see Hidden Figures!
- I’m so excited to finally see this movie, this weekend!
- The author of the book is from Hampton, and the movie is set at NASA Langley, also in Hampton. I see the sign for the base every day on my commute!
Buy a desk.
- I’m ready to pick out a desk for the Lady Lounge!
Buy a shelving system for my dolls!
- We received a generous Target gift card from family friends for Christmas, so I’ll be buying a shelving system for my American Girl dolls.
- I’ve been looking around for the perfect size – At least 24 inches between shelves, and around that depth. I’m excited to finally display them properly!
Move my huge bookcase, books, and dolls from Mom and Dad’s to our house.
- This is the last of my things from Mom and Dad’s. I’m excited to start to bring the Lady Lounge to completion!
Make at least three new recipes!
- Recently, I’ve found a ton of mouth-watering recipes! I made Cajun Chicken Alfredo this past weekend – Yummy!
- I’m excited to make something new – A delicious dessert – for the Super Bowl party this weekend
- I also want to find at least one other recipe in Megan’s cookbook!
Successfully co-host the PEO meeting on February 13th.
- As co-hostess, I’m in charge of refreshments for the hostess, in Virginia Beach.
- Since the meeting is the day before Valentine’s Day, I plan to have several heart-shaped or heart-themed goodies!
Do you have any goals for February?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I work for a blood bank and I salute your donating blood. Get some iron supplements and eat plenty of beef, you should be fine.
The first time I read your blog, I got so excited reading that you work for one. I take a multi-vitamin with 100 percent iron, and I try to eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of protein. Thanks for the tips! I was diagnosed with anemia in college, and it’s been a struggle to donate consistently ever since. I’ve donated over five gallons since 2005. I won’t give up!
I hope your iron levels are high enough to donate Saturday too. If it is, we’ll be donations buddies! I’m giving blood on 2/4 up here! XD
Woohoo! I’ve been eating as much meat as possible, haha!
PEO is a philanthropic educational organization. We raise money for scholarships and grants for women to get their higher education degrees.
I notice you said in another comment that you’re taking a supplement too. I hope it helps! We’ve talked about how much it means to give blood for both of us. ❤
Wow! That's so cool! I'm happy that you're taking part in that organization.
Oh, yes. It’s a daily multivitamin that has some other essentials that I need. Me, too! I had a burger for lunch, and then I’m getting a medium-rare steak for dinner!
PEO is really cool. My mom has been a sister for 25 years. Most of the ladies on my dad’s side have been sisters as well. I was initiated in 2010.
Wow! That’s a lot of iron!
With everything going on, I totally forgot about my appointment today. I feel terrible. 😥
I’m going to reschedule right now.
The way you describe it, PEO sounds like an altruistic sorority… or cult lol. Either way, it’s great work you’re doing.
I tried … I landed at 12.0, needed 12.5. Next time! Oh, no! I’m glad you’re going to reschedule. PEO is basically a sorority, just not Greek-affiliated. Hehe, it’s not a cult! Haha.
Gosh darn it! A lousy 0.5 off? That sucks! 😦
I still felt/feel awful about the appointment slipping my mind. At the same time, I know that, all things considered, it’s OK. I feel conflicted, I guess I’m saying.
I’m sure it’s not a cult! I was absolutely joking… since it made you laugh, I’m calling it a success. 😉
It’s a great cult, either way. LOL 😛
It could be worse. I hate it when it’s 12.4, that’s the time that’s the worst! I understand about feeling conflicted – But, we’re all human! You’re going to reschedule, and that’s what matters. Haha! Thanks for making me laugh!
Uggh! 12.4 must be the worst! 😥
Thank you – that does make me feel a bit better. Honestly, I should have changed it earlier.
Yay! I love making people laugh! 😀
It’s awful. It’s only happened once or twice. I’m planning to give again on April 1st. We celebrated our 6,000th pint, too!
Congratulations on your collection milestone!!!
Thank you so much! I’ll have photos with my goals recap post at the end of February. It was a great accomplishment.
I look forward to seeing them!! 😀
You got it!
I’m impressed that you have goals every month. My goal is just getting through the day! An author I like, Chatogna Havig, also writes for the Nanowrimo. Hidden Figures is a great movie! I’m donating blood too. AND, I hope you post pictures of your Lady Lounge and American Girl collection.
Thank you so much – Writing these posts has upped my motivation and accountability. I’ll have to check out Chatogna! There will definitely be pictures – I’m planning a whole before-and-after post!
I also love to make goals for each month. I’m not always able to accomplish them but at least I try! I want to become a blood donor, should also take care of that 🙂
Trying is what counts! I’m so glad that you want to donate blood. If you have any questions, I’m happy to try to answer them!
Pingback: Getting Personal #62: February Goals Recap | Hot Shot Headlines